• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recipes for the boneless, skinless chicken breast?

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most ubiquitous cheap protein available in America.
At $1.99 lb in Family Pack size its cheap as hell, but tastes like nothing.
Give me some ideas to provide variation in my own diet.

Previous uses:
1) Chicken Enchiladas
2) Stir Fry
3) Baked Chicken in store bought marinades (most common use)

For stews, I prefer chicken thighs.

imschatz

Reaction score
http://www.food.com/recipe/rosemary-chicken-59409 pretty damn good I had really good luck with doing a feta-stuffed chicken breast. Marinade in greek salad dressing, or make your own (pretty easy, just olive oil, lemon, garlic + w/e floats your boat). Cut the chicken breast in half, however you feel safe, line with feta and pit shut with tooth-pick's and bake. If you have a george-foreman-like grill .. I bake a chicken breast, mix it with salsa + cheese and put it a soft-taco shell and stick it in the george foreman. Mix up a little salad on the side for a pretty easy lunch.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imschatz
http://www.food.com/recipe/rosemary-chicken-59409
pretty damn good

I had really good luck with doing a feta-stuffed chicken breast. Marinade in greek salad dressing, or make your own (pretty easy, just olive oil, lemon, garlic + w/e floats your boat). Cut the chicken breast in half, however you feel safe, line with feta and pit shut with tooth-pick's and bake.

If you have a george-foreman-like grill .. I bake a chicken breast, mix it with salsa + cheese and put it a soft-taco shell and stick it in the george foreman. Mix up a little salad on the side for a pretty easy lunch.

The link says wash and dry chicken. What am I missing? This is not an apple?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Boneless/skinless chicken breasts need fat of some sort to taste like anything and need to be cooked quickly to keep any moisture in them; I usually eat them one of two or three ways at home.

- butterfly along the split side and open almost all the way to the rounded side like a book, pound out thinly to uniform thickness. I squirt a few dabs of veggie oil on them, then grind black pepper and ground coriander on both sides. Grill/pan-fry really quickly, each side will turn opaque in a matter of a minute or so. Add a nice textured salt and serve with a raw tomato/avocado/cucumber salad of some sort.

-same as above, but lightly rub oil on the smooth side, flip over, rub fresh pesto that is generous on the cheese and olive oil all over the rough side of the breast, and then roll up and close with toothpicks or skewers, maybe one on each side to hold them closed. You can butterfly the breast and split down the middle, and get like 4 of these pesto rolls on the short kebab sticks.

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
The link says wash and dry chicken. What am I missing? This is not an apple?

Most chicken in the US is apparently given a chlorine waching, to remove any salmonella or the likes...

ffffuuuu.gif

http://www.thedailygreen.com/living-...icken-55063002

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sea salt, olive oil, a little rosemary sprinkled on top. 350 @ 25 minutes for a 4-pack

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bring to room temp

i either

1) salt, pepper, cook in an iron skillet over high heat until both sides have a nice crust
stick in oven until 160 degrees internal temperature
pour some balsamic vinegar on pan (acid on iron skillet blah blah) and reduce to make sauce
serve with salad. add butter to sauce if you want
2) make teriyaki sauce with brown sugar, soy sauce, and whatever else i want to put in (sometimes oyster sauce, hoisin, sriracha, what have you)
slice chicken, saute, add sauce
3) make a curry kind of powder mixture (basically all the spices in my cabinet, like paprika, cumin, ground cinnamon, salt, pepper)
rub on chicken, pan saute, add stock to pan to make a little sauce
4) egg whites and bread crumbs mixture. dip chicken in. saute. then in oven until 160
make a tomato based sauce with canned tomatoes, basil, olive oil, translucent onions, salt, pepper
pour sauce on chicken

Milpool

Reaction score
I can usually find the chicken leg quarters on sale for about $1/lb making them an even better deal than the boneless skinless chicken breast. Only thing cheaper is a whole "fryer" chicken, which usually runs 70 to 80 cents/lb.

The advantage to the whole chicken is a carcass that can be used for making stock.

Either way, those options have far more flavor than boneless skinless chicken.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Get chicken legs. Problem solved.

Chicken legs + bbq sauce + jalepeno slices = %@%AEKWL:rjsad;lafjl;jdLCUMONMYSELF%#$^$qw

For a whole fryer, Keller method ftw. Which I found out about here.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1> Marinate in a mix of OJ and italian dressing - bake 375 for 20 min or so (until internal temp exceeds 155* F)

2> Rub w/ generous amounts of cajun spice. Pan sear and then xfer pan into oven and bake as above (less time since it has a head start)

Prepare a buffalo sauce to go with it (2 parts Franks or Louisiana hot sauce to 1 part butter + some dijon mustard, worcestershire, honey or agave nectar, garlic powder, black pepper, cider vinegar, tobasco, cayenne or habanero powder to increase heat as desired).

ALSO - Chicken Parm, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Paillard, Chicken Piccata, Chicken Marsala

Plenty of recipes available for each of those on line.

fleet on feet

Reaction score
let in marinade in a simple marinade of water, sugar and salt. after an hour or longer, grill it. simple and tasty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads