1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recieved wrong shirt shize from Shopthefinest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TwoStep, Mar 2, 2010.

1. TwoStep

TwoStep Senior member

I just recieved 2 Barba shirts that i ordered from shopthefinest.com

On the order that i made they were size 39 / 15.5

When i tried one of them i noticed it felt a little to big around the neck.

When i looked it was size 16/ 41 even though i ordered 15.5.

Since tags from the shirt what can i do in this situation?

The other shirt was the right size.

2. FStyles

FStyles Senior member

return them? Not sure what the issue is. Ian is a pretty cool guy.

3. Yika

Yika Senior member

call/email them regarding the situation.

4. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Just email them and see what they say.

5. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

6. Hans

Hans Senior member

Send Ian at STF an email. He's very helpful.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Ian is a straight up guy and will make this right. Probably just a problem during fulfillment.

8. The Contrarian

The Contrarian Well-Known Member

Another catastrophe averted thanks in part to style forum.

What did people do with issues like this before this place existed?

9. winston

winston Senior member

Another catastrophe averted thanks in part to style forum.

What did people do with issues like this before this place existed?

They phoned/emailed, as advised here. [​IMG]

10. TwoStep

TwoStep Senior member

Spoke with Ian now. I am going to ship it back. If he has no issues with it they are going to offer me store credit. However i find it pretty annoying that they can't give me a straight answer. "Send it in and i'll have a look at it". Since this is clearly their fault i'd prefer them to give me a straight answer.

11. bananananana

bananananana Senior member

Spoke with Ian now. I am going to ship it back. If he has no issues with it they are going to offer me store credit. However i find it pretty annoying that they can't give me a straight answer. "Send it in and i'll have a look at it". Since this is clearly their fault i'd prefer them to give me a straight answer.

Fuck that shit. Demand your cash back plus all shipping costs. Who gives a fuck that people here think this Ian guy is a nice dude. His company screwed up and should bear 100% of the costs.

Make sure to take pics of the shirt and tags too in case he doesn't give you cash back so you can do a CC charge back.

12. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Why only store credit?

If it's as you say I would expect option of a refund and return shipping costs at least.

K

13. forex

forex Senior member

He probably wants to make sure that he actually made the mistake. Ian is a good guy to deal with so I am sure he will make it right.

14. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

He doesn't know you. Maybe you're this guy...

Fuck that shit. Demand your cash back plus all shipping costs. Who gives a fuck that people here think this Ian guy is a nice dude. His company screwed up and should bear 100% of the costs.

Make sure to take pics of the shirt and tags too in case he doesn't give you cash back so you can do a CC charge back.

15. anon

anon Senior member

why not just exchange the shirts for the right size?

16. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

I want to know two things:

1. Will the buyer have to pay for postage to seller and back to buyer?
    2. If there's no correct size, is cash refund possible?

To be honest, I've never heard of this seller (purveyor to underworld bosses?) until now but am interested in the outcome of this thread. OP, update us when all is alright with the world. [​IMG]

17. The Contrarian

The Contrarian Well-Known Member

To be honest, I've never heard of this seller (purveyor to underworld bosses?) until now

This is what makes this place so rich. Pantistocrat who joined SF in Jan of 2010 (at best, two whole months ago) has never heard of Ian and ShoptheFinest, (or looked above at the affiliate banners for that matter) which now makes Ian a Purveyor to Underworld Bosses.

Gotta love it.

[​IMG]

18. unjung

unjung Senior member

Good thread. I enjoy watching someone discover the world of 20th-21st century retail (i.e. you can probably exchange the items) for the first time.

19. TwoStep

TwoStep Senior member

Just got an email from Ian. There had been a mix up. One other customer got the shirt i ordered and I got the one he ordered. Quite frustrating having to wait another 1 or 2 weeks before getting the shirt, but i am happy it all got sorted out.

20. Blackat

Blackat Active Member

I'm at a loss to understand why you spent so much energy complaining to strangers on a forum rather than just communicating directly with Ian as it seems he has addressed every concern you've had, aside from reading your mind.