• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rechargeable Lithium Batteries?

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use rechargeable lithium batteries in their digital cameras, etc.? The regular charger I saw yesterday is nice and compact and plugs directly into the wall, but the package didn't say how long it took for the batteries to charge.
I'd go for the 15-minute charger, but it's huge -- about 4x the size, and I want to take it on vacation, so I don't want to lug that whole big thing. But I don't know what the charge time tradeoff is vs. the compact one, so I don't know if the extra bulk is worth it.

EDIT: I should have said rechargeable 2200 mAhs. Not lithium.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
Does anyone use rechargeable lithium batteries in their digital cameras, etc.? The regular charger I saw yesterday is nice and compact and plugs directly into the wall, but the package didn't say how long it took for the batteries to charge.
I'd go for the 15-minute charger, but it's huge -- about 4x the size, and I want to take it on vacation, so I don't want to lug that whole big thing. But I don't know what the charge time tradeoff is vs. the compact one, so I don't know if the extra bulk is worth it.

I use rechargeables myself. 2200 mAh PowerEx NiMh AA (not lithium).
This is the charger I have. Works quite well - has a fast and conditioning/full charge settings.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I use rechargeables myself. 2200 mAh PowerEx NiMh AA (not lithium).
This is the charger I have. Works quite well - has a fast and conditioning/full charge settings.

Thanks. That's quite a bit more compact than the ones I saw.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
Thanks. That's quite a bit more compact than the ones I saw.

Has had some pretty good reviews from photo sites.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.