Rechargeable Lithium Batteries?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Quirk, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

Does anyone use rechargeable lithium batteries in their digital cameras, etc.? The regular charger I saw yesterday is nice and compact and plugs directly into the wall, but the package didn't say how long it took for the batteries to charge. [​IMG] I'd go for the 15-minute charger, but it's huge -- about 4x the size, and I want to take it on vacation, so I don't want to lug that whole big thing. But I don't know what the charge time tradeoff is vs. the compact one, so I don't know if the extra bulk is worth it.

EDIT: I should have said rechargeable 2200 mAhs. Not lithium.

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Does anyone use rechargeable lithium batteries in their digital cameras, etc.? The regular charger I saw yesterday is nice and compact and plugs directly into the wall, but the package didn't say how long it took for the batteries to charge. [​IMG] I'd go for the 15-minute charger, but it's huge -- about 4x the size, and I want to take it on vacation, so I don't want to lug that whole big thing. But I don't know what the charge time tradeoff is vs. the compact one, so I don't know if the extra bulk is worth it.

I use rechargeables myself. 2200 mAh PowerEx NiMh AA (not lithium).
    This is the charger I have. Works quite well - has a fast and conditioning/full charge settings.

3. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

I use rechargeables myself. 2200 mAh PowerEx NiMh AA (not lithium).
    This is the charger I have. Works quite well - has a fast and conditioning/full charge settings.

Thanks. That's quite a bit more compact than the ones I saw.

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Thanks. That's quite a bit more compact than the ones I saw.

Has had some pretty good reviews from photo sites.