• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
No, it's not one photo. It's not really any of the photos. It's your boorish and brutish behavior.

You are right about this, as are others. I should take a step back and re-evaluate this forum and my dealings with it.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
You are right about this, as are others. I should take a step back and re-evaluate this forum and my dealings with it.

Yes you should...you really should.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
The forum is giving moo hella entertainment today. We can only hope he overloads on the attention and goes out in a sysdoc-ian blaze of glory. Only I hope moo takes his photos with him.

worship2.gif

No pile-on but this is just epically funny

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I've been a fan of The Sartorialist for some time, but what's weird about the site is there's hardly ever any criticism. Everyone who posts there gushes over every picture, whether it's sublime or ridiculous. "Oh, I love that man!" "Oh, I wish more men dressed so boldly!" Glad to see there's some smart criticism here!

nvm.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Typical styleforum, blame the victim.

Styleforum is the place where you can come, and anonymously insult people that would otherwise beat the hell out of you in real life. Especially if your a little purple pants wearing **** named Stazy.

Some days i support the atrocities that Big A wants to commit upon this board.
decisions.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
So one photo is the real deal, and the others that have come before and were liked, as well as others which came after and were liked, are the fake accidentally-decent ones?

Candid thoughts:

1. That outfit was one of the worst ever posted on the forum--by anyone. I dont wan't to be hurtful, but I want to be honest.

2. It's not the outfit that makes you a worse forum member. I can't speak for others, but it bothers me that you often summarily dismiss critique. I don't expect you to take my advice whenever I give it, but when I thoughtfully respond to something you've posted, I expect an equally thoughtful response in return. Agree, disagree, I don't care. But all you do is ask for information, post pictures, and ignore people who criticize them. That's not much in the way of contribution. If you can't share information, why not do a better job of promoting discussion?

3. The other outfits you've posted are not very good in my opinion. Again, just being honest. You are too random with details and accessory choices; the fit is often terribly wrong. It looks like you're just collecting clothes and wearing them to display your collection. Others will tell you that it's perfectly normal to experiment in such rapid succession, but I think it makes you a style slut. Have some standards! I may not have as much fun playing around with my clothes, but I can still respect myself in the morning.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
when I thoughtfully respond to something you've posted, I expect an equally thoughtful response in return.

This is probably a mistake.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
This is probably a mistake.

What, I don't give thoughtful reponses, or you don't want Moo to give them?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
What, I don't give thoughtful reponses, or you don't want Moo to give them?

To expect anything from anyone on the Internet, no matter how pure your intentions or actions, strikes me as unreasonable.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
To expect anything from anyone on the Internet, no matter how pure your intentions and actions, strikes me as unreasonable.

Well, maybe I'm just naive. But I try to give and get thoughtful comments here. I think it works sometimes. Anyway, there's a sort of market for thoughtful comments here. Thoughtful comments tend to provoke response and garner credibility. People who consistently make empty, worthless posts get ignored.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Well, maybe I'm just naive. But I try to give and get thoughtful comments here. I think it works sometimes.

It does work "sometimes." That's my point.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I think most of the people he posts look stylish, if not necessarily 'good'. I wonder how much of that is simply because of super expensive photography equipment and posing.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
You did get that he now has us on ignore, right?

No, he de-ignored me. It was the right thing to do, although I respect him less for it. The Moo's venom is weak.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads