Recent Sartorialist Looks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TRINI, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I thought he was married, so I googled and found the post below. Yikes! Maybe we should invite her to post here.

Not sure it's authentic but yeah, he was married and probably had an affair. Not my business really, relationships crash all the time. Mrs DorÃ[​IMG] wearing heels is much taller than him though, which could be funny or cute depending on your personal taste. But the dude is way shorter than me so maybe 5'4" or so.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

This post of his was the clincher. What kind of loser picks on some random girl like this? He crosses the line of general interest in fashion to shallow obsession. The First (and Hopefully Only) Sartorialist Make-Over [​IMG] So I'm walking in the East Village last week and stopped into a magazine store for some gum. While I'm in there a young woman walks in and down an aisle, I barely saw what she was wearing but I was curious. I guess she saw me looking because she said hi and that she was a fan of the site. We spoke for a few minutes and while we were talking I kept trying to figure out how i could take a picture of her without getting those boots in the shot! Anyway, I asked if I could take a shot of her but after a few tries I realized this would never go on The Sartorialist. Those boots never make a girls legs look good, they always hit at the widest part of the leg which makes your leg look shapeless. I don't think I have ever shot a young lady for this site wearing that type of boot, or cowboy boots. The hair is way too long and seems a bit old-fashioned for her and I don't get the tights/hose. At least the dress is savable but that neckline combined with her hair does nothing for her long neck. For all the people that say "she is so cute she would look good in a potato sack" well, here is the proof that even the cutest need to make good stylistic choices. That's when I realized she needs a Sartorialist make-over. We are not going to make some huge transformation, she doesn't need it, but we can make a few changes that will really make a big impact on her personal presentation. The first thing we are going to do is get her hair cut. I'm no hair guru but I think we should go short. What do you think? We are going to try and do the cut on Wednesday so we need your feed back. Her name is Phoenix and she is an illustration student. I think it would be great to get all that hair out of her face while she is drawing. Since she is a student I thought we would also go to Gap or J. Crew for some reasonably-priced, easy Spring/Summer pieces that will fit into her lifestyle. I have no idea how this will go but it could be a fun little project.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I like looking at the Sartorialist, but this fellow has douche written all over him.

probably a case of too much, too soon.

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Senior member

Nah, I'd do her

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

The concept behind the Sartorialist is to take pictures of interesting people...
    Interesting people come in different shape or form and it is also a very personal concept ..
    I , personally , do not see the point of the Sartorialist on the long term..

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

creepy looking dude

He does look a lot like Mr. Potato Head.

7. winston

winston Senior member

This post of his was the clincher. What kind of loser picks on some random girl like this? He crosses the line of general interest in fashion to shallow obsession.

Whenever he writes to his blog he comes across like a moronic teenage girl. He should stick to taking photos.

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

[​IMG]

Wish he'd have her move that damn book and spice things up a bit.

9. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I think this works really well on him. Interesting buttons on the jacket too. Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

10. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Whenever he writes to his blog he comes across like a moronic teenage girl. He should stick to taking photos.

The pictures are not the point, him taking the pictures is the point.

11. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think this works really well on him. Interesting buttons on the jacket too. Any thoughts?

White/cream suit with blue shirt and black tie=works. Very classic combination, not very imaginative, but safe (if you can consider white suit to be safe). Although I hate the french cuffs...

12. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

I've really been enjoying the Sartorialist's recent Governor's Island series, namely these two:

[​IMG]

This guy's shoes are awesome! Where to kop?!?

13. DutchDaedalus

DutchDaedalus Senior member

Brooks Brother's Peal shoe line has them in their collection.

14. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

[​IMG]
    http://www.thesartorialist.com/photo...aybike1Web.jpg

What is with the love for this pic? This is a plain-looking skinny broad wearing ugly and unflattering clothes in a stupid insect-like pose. I am willing to love (and by love I mean penetrate and cherish, for a few hours anyways) a wide variety of god's female creatures, I cannot get on board with this one.

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

What is with the love for this pic? This is a plain-looking skinny broad wearing ugly and unflattering clothes in a stupid insect-like pose. I am willing to love (and by love I mean penetrate and cherish, for a few hours anyways) a wide variety of god's female creatures, I cannot get on board with this one.

+10000000000