1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent Sartorialist Looks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TRINI, Jan 22, 2009.

1. TRINI

TRINI Distinguished Member

Seriously, how much better would this have been if the jacket was brown and not the same shade of grey. Check it out.

[​IMG]

win

2. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

that guy looks great and sums up the difference between style and following rules. mafoofan's outfits might be more 'technically' correct, but this guy looks about 500x classier because of how he carries himself and his obvious stylishness.

3. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

that guy looks great and sums up the difference between style and following rules. mafoofan's outfits might be more 'technically' correct, but this guy looks about 500x classier because of how he carries himself and his obvious stylishness.

You like how he carried himself in the fraction of a second it took take that photo?

4. Exit English

Exit English Senior Member

You like how he carried himself in the fraction of a second it took take that photo?

Dont you know a photo says 1000 words? [​IMG]

5. srivats

srivats Distinguished Member

Not to pick on you or anything, but Teger is kind of right. You've never looked anywhere close to being that comfortable in any of your photos. You might be comfortable inside, but it doesn't show at all. Maybe you are specifically posing in way to display your bespoke items to SF, but I cannot recall anything where you looked anywhere as relaxed. The only photo that comes close is the unabashedly prep photo, and even in that there is a lot of rigidity.

Parker is one of the few people here who looks extremely comfortable in his clothes. There is that ease that is impossible to miss in his photos, whether is wearing a vintage sack, or his bespoke chan or just 501s/OCBD. Maybe because is californian, or somethin' [​IMG] BTW, same holds true for that Elliot Richardson photo on your blog ... he somehow looks effortlessly classy in that pic.

ps: I am still waiting for you to moderate my comment on your blog.

6. apropos

apropos Distinguished Member

Seriously, how much better would this have been if the jacket was brown and not the same shade of grey. Check it out. [​IMG]
    Love how you gave him an 'Italian tan' as well. [​IMG]
    You've never looked anywhere close to being that comfortable in any of your photos. You might be comfortable inside, but it doesn't show.
    +1

7. srivats

srivats Distinguished Member

Love how you gave him an 'Italian tan' as well. [​IMG]

+1

That the sart's 'signature' ... NOBD posted a desaturated photo in the last page, tha tis much more realistic.

8. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Distinguished Member

Dont you know a photo says 1000 words? [​IMG]

Photos are said to imprison souls, too.

9. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Distinguished Member

Not to pick on you or anything, but Teger is kind of right. You've never looked anywhere close to being that comfortable in any of your photos. You might be comfortable inside, but it doesn't show at all.

I think most people are just unable to pose for a photo while still looking relaxed. I am certainly one of them...

10. elgreco

elgreco Senior Member

Seriously, how much better would this have been if the jacket was brown and not the same shade of grey. Check it out.

[​IMG]

See, now that's just boring. If he had been wearing a brown jacket for real, the photo wouldn't have generated nearly the same amount of discussion and debate than the grey-on-grey original has.

11. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Congrats. One of the worst poasts in MC. And keep in mind that there is currently a mismatch suit pants/mens warehouse threak going on right now in MC and yet you've beaten it handily.

12. onix

onix Distinguished Member

Well, that's SF's chronic syndrome - they try to make everything SF.

See, now that's just boring. If he had been wearing a brown jacket for real, the photo wouldn't have generated nearly the same amount of discussion and debate than the grey-on-grey original has.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I would have recolored the pants rather than the coat but that's just me. Again, I like his look but I wouldn't do it.

14. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I would have recolored the pants rather than the coat but that's just me. Again, I like his look but I wouldn't do it.

Jacket would look good if it was purple. No, really.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Jacket would look good if it was purple. No, really.

Maybe purple suede chaps on top of the grey flannel pants? Studded inside the cuffs as a rocknrolla tribute to Ambrosi