1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Recent Sartorialist Looks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TRINI, Jan 22, 2009.

1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Funny, that was my first thought.

I fully agree with you guys...

It doesn't look awful ,just an odd mismatch..

3. scking

scking Member

I've stopped paying attention to The Sartorialist now that I've realized some of the people he's shooting are homeless.

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I've stopped paying attention to The Sartorialist now that I've realized some of the people he's shooting are homeless.

Or Luca Rubinacci.

5. mmkn

mmkn Senior member

[​IMG]

I have been looking for a recent day photo to apply the following descriptions of Sprezz [from Boyer from Pope from this month's The Rake],

"What's important to him shouldn't be important to you, and vice versa . . . A few good wrinkles always separate the men from the boys, because invariably, the novice tries to appear flawless and correct . . . [and my favorite] . . . True ease comes from art, not chance, As those move easiest who have learned to dance . . ."

and the above photo applies.

- M

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Doesn't apply at all.

7. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Doesn't apply at all.
    Agreed. Anyway, I refuse to believe "sprezzatura," insofar as it isn't an untenable concept, can be identified in a photo. If you think you see it, your imagination is running the show.

8. HHD

HHD Senior member

[​IMG]

I like this, but unbuttoned cuff = beurk, naff

9. PocketCircle

PocketCircle Senior member

SF daddy issues

10. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think the guy looks great, in spite of the too-close match in colors. On a purely theoretical level he should be wearing a brown/tan herringbone jacket instead of that gray one, but his clothes fit perfectly, his boots are rad, and he's fit, well groomed and handsome.

11. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

Agreed. Anyway, I refuse to believe "sprezzatura," insofar as it isn't an untenable concept, can be identified in a photo. If you think you see it, you're imagination is running the show.

[​IMG] nicely articulated

12. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think the guy looks great, in spite of the too-close match in colors. On a purely theoretical level he should be wearing a brown/tan herringbone jacket instead of that gray one, but his clothes fit perfectly, his boots are rad, and he's fit, well groomed and handsome.

+1. I kinda like it, though I'd like it more with a slightly darker pair of flannels. Sometimes less contrast can be interesting.

13. mmkn

mmkn Senior member

I refuse to believe "sprezzatura," insofar as it isn't an untenable concept, can be identified in a photo. If you think you see it, you're imagination is running the show.

I am just expressing a similarity I see between the arts and medicine [except no one dies in the practice of art except at their own hands].

From one of my favorites . . .

"It is astonishing with how little reading a doctor can practise medicine, but it is not astonishing how badly he may do it."

~ Sir William Osler, Dedication address, Boston Medical Library (1901)

Oh, and it's good to see that we are all human, subjected to the final common pathway [ultimately cell death] . . . calcification.

14. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

I am just expressing a similarity I see between the arts and medicine [except no one dies in the practice of art except at their own hands].

From one of my favorites . . .

"It is astonishing with how little reading a doctor can practise medicine, but it is not astonishing how badly he may do it."

~ Sir William Osler, Dedication address, Boston Medical Library (1901)

Oh, and it's good to see that we are all human, subjected to the final common pathway [ultimately cell death] . . . calcification.

Err . . . I don't get it. I'm hungry though, so maybe that's why.

15. Exit English

Exit English Senior member

Seriously, how much better would this have been if the jacket was brown and not the same shade of grey. Check it out. [​IMG]