• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool. If he knows the area, J. Novachis is located in the area of 50th and France ( http://www.50thandfrance.com ) in Edina. There are a few more cool men's shops there like Belleson's and Al Johnson Clothier. The other place is located in the Southdale Mall in Edina. It's called the Len Druskin Clerance center, everything is 50-90% off. The actual Len Druskin store is in the Galleria, across the street ( http://www.lendruskin.com/ ) Have fun!

fortune

Reaction score
9A7500452A.JPG
and
MA-MS112_V1-BIG.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
yhst-1478880498451_1951_79082528
RG-MS94_V2-BIG.jpg

A7D9F011B5.jpg

smile.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
yhst-1478880498451_1951_79082528
RG-MS94_V2-BIG.jpg

A7D9F011B5.jpg

smile.gif

Good choices. You also purchased a lease on a place? Where did you end up?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Good choices. You also purchased a lease on a place? Where did you end up?

I haven't yet, but I can tell you that I'm going to be within 3 miles of Microsoft's building up in Redmond. I work at a gym across the street from there, and I'll need to be walking to work. I'll be heading up there June 25th to check out and hopefully lease a place, since I start work around July 1st. I haven't lived in Seattle since I was 2, so you'll have to tell me where the shopping is at, as I hear Bellevue has some good stores :>

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I haven't yet, but I can tell you that I'm going to be within 3 miles of Microsoft's building up in Redmond. I work at a gym across the street from there, and I'll need to be walking to work. I'll be heading up there June 25th to check out and hopefully lease a place, since I start work around July 1st. I haven't lived in Seattle since I was 2, so you'll have to tell me where the shopping is at, as I hear Bellevue has some good stores :>
Honestly, I hate Bellevue. I grew up there, and it's awful. But if you wander the mall you will find all the stores. I don't think there are any outlying shops you'd be interested in. Avoid Beck's tailoring - expensive and not very good at what they do. I think Hartmann's is still there by the mall, and they are probably better. But, near where you are there are a couple of semi-decent, if sometimes old-people-oriented thrift shops - the Cancer Society one is just down 148th by the Safeway (decent dim sum right next door btw), and across 24th from that is the Children's Hospital one. Also Goodwill is on 20th and 148th-ish, but I rarely find anything good in there. Ross is not worth going into ever, but Marshalls is also nearby at 20th. They just opened a TJ Maxx in Factoria (10 minutes south of you basically), but the selection is crap at the moment, and there's a Nordstrom Rack there. Check out the food court at Crossroads Mall (156th and 8th), some decent stuff there. If you shop at Bellevue Square, eat at Cucina del Puerco down in old Bellevue (main and west of Bel. Way), and good burgers and shakes are available at Broiler Bay which is hidden on Main and the east side of Bel. Way by the locksmith. I'll probably think of some other Bellevue tips later.

To do any real shopping you'll need to come to Seattle. Actually to do anything cool you'll need to come to Seattle. Check out the Seattle streetwear thread for more info on that.

fatty

Reaction score
I got new boots, tell me what you think of them guys. They're Joanne Mercer, mostly flat, because tramping around University all day in heels kind of kills. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/aka-*****/IMG_6674.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Honestly, I hate Bellevue. I grew up there, and it's awful. But if you wander the mall you will find all the stores. I don't think there are any outlying shops you'd be interested in. Avoid Beck's tailoring - expensive and not very good at what they do. I think Hartmann's is still there by the mall, and they are probably better. But, near where you are there are a couple of semi-decent, if sometimes old-people-oriented thrift shops - the Cancer Society one is just down 148th by the Safeway (decent dim sum right next door btw), and across 24th from that is the Children's Hospital one. Also Goodwill is on 20th and 148th-ish, but I rarely find anything good in there. Ross is not worth going into ever, but Marshalls is also nearby at 20th. They just opened a TJ Maxx in Factoria (10 minutes south of you basically), but the selection is crap at the moment, and there's a Nordstrom Rack there. Check out the food court at Crossroads Mall (156th and 8th), some decent stuff there. If you shop at Bellevue Square, eat at Cucina del Puerco down in old Bellevue (main and west of Bel. Way), and good burgers and shakes are available at Broiler Bay which is hidden on Main and the east side of Bel. Way by the locksmith. I'll probably think of some other Bellevue tips later.

To do any real shopping you'll need to come to Seattle. Actually to do anything cool you'll need to come to Seattle. Check out the Seattle streetwear thread for more info on that.

Thanks a bunch for the tips, I'll check all those out.

capnpyro

Reaction score
digital camera went missing. stupid cell phone.

PIC-0110.jpg

club monaco white button up, H&M blue striped button up and grey v-neck sweater, AA black cardigan, black silk tie from zara

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coulomb
is that the fitted gingham BoO or the regular and where did you get it?
It's the one without the back box pleat, which is good for me because I need XXL in that... I got it from shopjake, they only had XL left, which is what I take in the regular one. $105 shipped.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Damnit! They were sold out of that black military shirt... the red one, too.
frown.gif
Still wanted my military fix so I got this
R2X3B.jpg
Just not the same in white, though. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads