1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

dope kicks Kiya! and man, snake, i want that belt so bad...

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

Speaking of rugs my mom has 3 huge hand made persian rugs chillin at the house (will not disclose price but let's say the fringes alone on one are worth more than andyliu's life).

I checked into Persian rugs a few years back. They are works of art. We now have a hand-made Peshawar/Pakistan rug in our living room. It is very nice but not the same class and nowhere near the price.

I will get a real Persian once my kids are too old to spill cranberry juice all over it. We are not there yet.

3. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

[​IMG]

Paul Smith

really like these, stazy. what model are they?

4. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

5. jet

jet Senior member

I checked into Persian rugs a few years back. They are works of art. We now have a hand-made Peshawar/Pakistan rug in our living room. It is very nice but not the same class and nowhere near the price.

I will get a real Persian once my kids are too old to spill cranberry juice all over it. We are not there yet.

You have to be careful when buying them, certain ones from certain regions are more prized than others and prices are a function of the intricacies (obviously) and features, also must be hand not machine made. Here's are all leather backed on the edges so they don't curl up over time and the yarns are really fine. You kind of have to have a connection or you will really pay through the nose.

6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

quick release belt
    [​IMG]

details

7. snake

snake Senior member

8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

9. the shah

the shah Senior member

You have to be careful when buying them, certain ones from certain regions are more prized than others and prices are a function of the intricacies (obviously) and features, also must be hand not machine made. Here's are all leather backed on the edges so they don't curl up over time and the yarns are really fine. You kind of have to have a connection or you will really pay through the nose.

that's pretty much spot on. the markup in the US is especially ridiculous

10. delgadomissy55'

delgadomissy55' New Member

really nice pair of boots and gladiator sandals
    bootleg pants with some really cute designs in the pockets and
    a headband with lots of stones...

11. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

I remember my friend's family and their rugs. They had a really beautiful one threaded with white gold, it was gorgeous.

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

details
    Didn't they do a SF collab with EG on these, ages ago? Except snake's is a better colour choice [​IMG]

13. snake

snake Senior member

Yeah, I think fok has one of them. (surprise)

Love mine though, it should mesh with my wardrobe well.

14. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

5 more pairs of lanvin sneakers.

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

5 more pairs of lanvin sneakers.

no pics?

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

my tip for using yoox is

(1) order something
    (2) upon arrival, discover that the yoox size info was misleading or the item is ridiculous/disgusting.
    (3) send it back
    (4) repeat over and over until you learn your lesson.

I have still not learned my lesson. My problem is that the first item I got from yoox was a winnar! (one of my favorites) so I keep ordering, hoping that lightning will strike twice. I have had one success and about five or six failures.

For example, the junya jacket I received in size "medium" would have been too small for a seven year old boy. I saved pics of it and am tempted to post them in WAYWT someday.

Yoox is strictly "expert" level user only. I am about 80% success with Yoox. You have to know your brands, and their sizing, pretty well. I go with my stalwarts, which I get right 99% of the time, and then experiment with unknowns (which are closer to 60-70% of the time).

17. huffer4

huffer4 Active Member

Picked these up today for $9 at a thrift store.
    They are made by a Canadian company called Hartt. From a bit of reading, they seem to have been owned by Church's and also made models for Dacks. They seemed to originally retail for $400-500.
    The sole is Goodyear.
    I think after a little life is brought back to them they will be perfect with some jeans.

[​IMG]

18. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Senior member

19. TimH

TimH Senior member

Made to order by Tim Hardy
    http://www.timhardy.com/quick_release_belts.html

My thanks to JOA for the assistance.

Great to hear you are pleased and many thanks for your order. My thanks also to JOA

20. insideman

insideman Senior member

wow, huffer. Good find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.