1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strombollii

Strombollii Senior member

From the Theory outlet in Vegas:
    White buttondown
    Blue buttondown
    Cashmere sweater (amazing, amazing sweater)

Nudie Regular (R)Alfs (Not loving the fit on these, may hit the b/s thread soon)

Clarks desert boot

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Got a pair of Sutor Mantellassi black captoe oxfords - serious man shoes. I am pretty sure that they are essentially the same as these Borrelli's (Borrelli shoes are made by Mantellassi, at least to the best if my knowledge[​IMG] http://www.shopthefinest.com/Items/k...k%20Shoes%2011

3. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

4. LA Guy

^ Nice.

For my second daughter's baptism. I have 3 kids and a mortgage, and people call me "professor" (applicants from Uganda and Nigeria also call me "revered sir" and other sometimes "Esteemed Professor"), so it seemed like the right time to actually get some grown man shoes. Aldens are also great, and yeah, they are classic, but really, they are pretty trendy right now. Mantellassi's and English brands like Crockett&Jones and Edward Greens, are strictly business.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Meh, I wouldn't wear aldens for dress shoes, personally. Those have a much nicer shape to them. The italian makers (lobb notwithstanding) just look sleeker to me. MC might roast me alive for saying so though (or at least not including EG)

6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I've been looking for a casual pair of oxfords to supplement the AEs I just purchased. Opening Ceremony was the last stop of the day, and I found exactly what I was looking for! At 50% off, too! They're by B Store.
    [​IMG]

normally people buy OC shoes because, despite the quality being pretty poor for the cost, they at least look cool and sleek

so what's your reasoning here

7. LA Guy

Meh, I wouldn't wear aldens for dress shoes, personally. Those have a much nicer shape to them. The italian makers (lobb notwithstanding) just look sleeker to me. MC might roast me alive for saying so though (or at least not including EG)

Giorgio Armani always said that Americans have the best casual shoes (he specifically mentions Alden), and I agree with him for the most part. Actually, traditionally, the highest end English shoes, made for "city", rather than for country wear, are regarded as more elegant than Italian makers, which is sort of counterintuitive, since North Americans tend to associate Italian fashion with "fancy dancy". That's really the result of great PR though. Some of the most venerable Italian makers (Lattanzi, for example) are famous for boots that are essentially great shitkickers.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Personally I am pretty happy with tramezzas, until I can afford lobb. C&J are great and very english but just do not end up giving me the shape I want when they're paired with a suit. I have no EGs but it seems they vary in last.

9. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

brown asym rick owens leather jacket

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

fit pic pls. your last ro was quality.

11. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

is it the hooded one that barneys had on sale for like $1800?

12. JTK

JTK Senior member

normally people buy OC shoes because, despite the quality being pretty poor for the cost, they at least look cool and sleek

so what's your reasoning here

I like them.

13. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

14. Stagger Lee

Stagger Lee Senior member

For my second daughter's baptism. I have 3 kids and a mortgage, and people call me "professor" (applicants from Uganda and Nigeria also call me "revered sir" and other sometimes "Esteemed Professor"), so it seemed like the right time to actually get some grown man shoes. Aldens are also great, and yeah, they are classic, but really, they are pretty trendy right now. Mantellassi's and English brands like Crockett&Jones and Edward Greens, are strictly business.
    They're beautifully made shoes! They'll last you many years and only get better with age!

15. Robert

Robert Senior member

16. emalkin23

emalkin23 Well-Known Member

Been lurking here for awhile but decided to sign up...recently picked up two cotton v-necks, striped thermal, and gray photographer pants from the express online sale...all for about 75 shipped not bad imo

17. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

[​IMG]

Man, I thought about getting that and slept on it. Next day it was gone in my size =/

18. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

19. shasta

shasta Senior member

[​IMG]
    hahah you totally stole my idea! You lectured me about how much that watch sucked worse than the timex at J. Crew - you're a hypocrite! got that band 2 for 20 at J. Crew didn't you? Got that timex for $30 at Wal-Mart.

20. Robert

Robert Senior member

hahah you totally stole my idea! You lectured me about how much that watch sucked worse than the timex at J. Crew - you're a hypocrite!

got that band 2 for 20 at J. Crew didn't you? Got that timex for $30 at Wal-Mart.

Uh, sorry... . Who are you? Besides an asshole, I mean. Yeah, 2-for-1 special at J. Crew, got orange and green, wanting to go back for navy and a striped. Expedition at Wal Mart for $32.33 w/ tax. Anything else you need to know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.