• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaac

Reaction score
Yeh, the shoulders look like their sorta protruding from your shoulders. It kinda balloons from your chest to your waist abit to much in my opinion.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the Margiela High tops at the warehouse sale. Also I got a sick F/W Rick Jacket, but have to wait till it gets shipped from the Las Vegas store to SF
frown.gif

spreadcollar

Reaction score
Is that the Margiela coat for the upcoming season? Do you usually wear a 52? Looks a bit big in the shoulders and body for how that coat is supposed to fit, but I suspect the 50 might be too small.
Originally Posted by DLester
So I picked up this coat thinking that it would be noncontroversial, but I have been getting all sorts of differing feedback IRL. So I wanted to get some opinions here. The issue seems to be the shoulders. They are not quite roped but are not natural either. I like the coat but if no one else on the planet does, I will probably return it, because it was expensive. Your brutal honesty would be appreciated. Pics are slightly overexposed to show details. By DLester By DLester By DLester

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Not feelin that coat.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spreadcollar
Is that the Margiela coat for the upcoming season? Do you usually wear a 52? Looks a bit big in the shoulders and body for how that coat is supposed to fit, but I suspect the 50 might be too small.
Yes, it is fw 09 Margiela. 52 was too big and I confirmed today that the 50 was too small. Brought the coat back today, with some regret. There was a woman in the fitting room (not SA) egging me on to keep it. Great coat. Thinking about the Spurr peacoat now.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Raf Simons monkstraps
rafmonks.jpg
rafmonks1.jpg
Jil Sander tailored sweats N(N) black skinny pants
panties.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
^I was present for two of the three. Woot.
And all of my other FL09 pre-orders
wink.gif
btw let's go to Vandam tonight txt or aim me

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
shoes are lovely

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
Just picked up this vintage (40's/50's) Windward horsehide jacket at Bungalo. The pic is not of mine, but the exact same model found on line. This pic seems to show a slight reddish hue, which is not there in reality....all choco brown (mine has nice patina, original leather buttons & Talon zipper).

atuhsad

Reaction score
Some shoe purchases over the last few months.

rlym92.jpg

Lanvin - the suede is so soft. I wear these a lot with shorts and they have a super slim profile which is fantastic. they are also really gay.

feiaon.jpg

Lanvin x Acne - Shoes are made of denim with a patent leather trim. interior is leather.

9iaihd.jpg

Margiela - boots are badass and I have been wearing these a lot to work lately.

s3njmf.jpg

Margiela - perforated shoes. probaly my favorite shoes right now.

Everything purchased on sale which is pretty fantastic. I am on the hunt for a good pair of boots for winter and I need a new pair of black wing tips for work. I had hopes for the duckie brown shoes but was not too happy with the shoes after seeing them in person.

foxnwolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by atuhsad
s3njmf.jpg

Margiela - perforated shoes. probaly my favorite shoes right now.

i would mug you by gunpoint for those shoes..
fight[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads