1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

Sometimes the inability of a person to take a minute bit of harmless criticism is laughable.
    ftfy

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Have I ever told you that I think your shirts are too tight?

You all are retarded if you think GS' fit doesn't win this thread.

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

dries v-neck, burgundy
    70 merino wool 30 silk

nice, I have this one. Great color.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I envy Kelvin's knit acquistion skills.

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

[​IMG] Good to hear dude, we need your fits back. Maybe try for a SCUBA aesthetic.

Could be cool but needs a hyphen with another aesthetic attached. Goth-scuba. Scuba-heritage. Scuba-prep

6. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

Stumbled across a Moncler Laredo jacket @ Marshalls in the MOA Minneapolis for $179.00...finally, own a slim-fitting down jacket.

7. erzu

erzu Senior member

lol on swaggaless fools thumbing down gs fit. you guys are so insular. maybe you oughtta travel a bit...

hey gs maybe an ugly belstaff jacket and jeans tucked into hi-tops would have improved your fit.

8. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

Stumbled across a Moncler Laredo jacket @ Marshalls in the MOA Minneapolis for $179.00...finally, own a slim-fitting down jacket.

damn im jealous. thats a frickin steal. post a pic

lol on swaggaless fools thumbing down gs fit. you guys are so insular. maybe you oughtta travel a bit...

hey gs maybe an ugly belstaff jacket and jeans tucked into hi-tops would have improved your fit.

77 worthless posts and counting. in it to win it. still waiting on a fit pic troll.

9. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

a few recent items:

Stephan Schneider coat

[​IMG]

APC Cardigan (finally found after seeing in waywt a few weeks ago. . . )

[​IMG]

Duckie Brown Shirt

[​IMG]

10. Lel

Lel Senior member

Fiorentini and Baker triple-strap boots
    Dolce mainline denim
    Dolce mainline BD
    APC packable windbreaker
    B.Son infinity/doughnut scarf

Lol my friend has the same jacket and doesn't know what the strings inside the front pocket are for, any ideas?

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

RRL Off-White selvage denim

12. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Could be cool but needs a hyphen with another aesthetic attached. Goth-scuba. Scuba-heritage. Scuba-prep
    Scubacana [​IMG]

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

post fit pic of SS coat using a better camera

a few recent items:

Stephan Schneider coat

[​IMG]

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

where;d you get the schneider coat?

15. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Spent too much this weekend . Context sale did me in.

KMW crewneck sweatshirt
    Fjallraven Cantwell jacket
    3 Lands End canvas t-shirts
    3 J-Crew outlet T's
    2 Rogue Gallery for J-Crew T's

Big sales though so it was all worth it and I really needed new T's.

16. brimley

brimley Senior member

Lol my friend has the same jacket and doesn't know what the strings inside the front pocket are for, any ideas?

Pretty common on technical jackets, used for tensioning the jacket in the body or hem. Could have that functionality or could be for looks.

17. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

^ No, it actually packs into the front pocket and you use the straps to wear it as a fanny pack. (Serious post)

18. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Senior member

The zipper on the front pocket is the kind that works from either side, so I'm pretty sure they're for carrying it around (either from the shoulder or around the waist) when you turn the jacket inside out and pack it in the pocket.

FWIW, I cut mine off because they added odd-looking bulk directly over the stomach [​IMG] It's a nice little jacket, though I would've never bought it if it hadn't been 75% off.

Pretty common on technical jackets, used for tensioning the jacket in the body or hem. Could have that functionality or could be for looks.

They're actually entirely inside the front pocket, and therefore worthless for bringing the jacket closer to the body. I can see why it sounded like that though [​IMG]

19. BB1

BB1 Senior member

[​IMG] I think the cut of the jacket, pocketsquare, color of the gloves and the fact that he is holding a full size umbrella is too formal for the bottom. its workwear forced upon formal. the large cuff on the jeans looks terrible in this scenario. the red of the shoes is different from the pocketsquare and collar. the white shoelaces are also way too informal for everything else. would be much better with properly hemmed jeans and some nicer dress shoes, maybe like brown suede.
    With this particular outfit my first impression was that it looks very good! It was not until I read sq4you's analysis that I too saw the problems and started questioning the success of the outfit. But this is like a kind of backwards analysis that's trying too hard to pick things apart and look for any possible fault. If you look at his outfit (without thinking too hard) the overall impression is great, despite the minor faults. GetSmart is doing enough things extremely well such that of any the minor faults are mostly canceled out. I like to think of it like a points system. An example (not an analysis of the above outfit).... Confidence & swagger? +2 Good Fit? +1 Quality pieces? +1 Mismatched shoes? -1 etc... If you have enough points in your outfit's overall score, you are afforded the luxury of having a few categories with negative points and nobody will hardily notice. GetSmart's outfit has so many positive points that a few negative points don't matter that much. Furthermore his positive point surplus likely allows him the ability to add some more unusual character to his outfits by breaking fashion rules. If I walked past him on the street I would likely not even notice the problem areas you pointed out. Basically GetSmart can get away with doing more supposed fashion "no no's" than most other posters here.

20. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I just ordered these before going out to dinner tonight. Oddly while at the restaurant I noticed a guy wearing similar looking shorts during the middle of winter! (45 degF weather)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.