1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. video2

video2 Member

You gonna say GS's fit looks bad then post that shit?

LOL

you're funny [​IMG]

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Bought cheap but really warm thinsulate black wool gloves from an h&m in florida. [​IMG] Also bought a cheap ugly sweater because i know a friend toyed with the idea of an ugly sweater party (i know not original but it's just an excuse to drink and eat i guess). Kinda looks like that cowichican stuff that some people here are into.

3. shasta

shasta Senior member

--

Also

[​IMG]

like it - who is this by?

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Bought cheap but really warm thinsulate black wool gloves from an h&m in florida. [​IMG]

Also bought a cheap ugly sweater because i know a friend toyed with the idea of an ugly sweater party (i know not original but it's just an excuse to drink and eat i guess). Kinda looks like that cowichican stuff that some people here are into.

Also, it's creepy as one of the male gilt models looks 100% identical to one of my friends. It's kinda creepy. I better keep him far away from socal

I'm almost ready to actually start buying things again. Can someone please pick some styles/aesthetics for me to focus on as i'm kinda lazy. I'm an Aries if that helps

[​IMG] Good to hear dude, we need your fits back. Maybe try for a SCUBA aesthetic.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Unique Clothing Factory.

That Brioni jacket isn't good enough to wipe my ass with.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I think the cut of the jacket, pocketsquare, color of the gloves and the fact that he is holding a full size umbrella is too formal for the bottom. its workwear forced upon formal. the large cuff on the jeans looks terrible in this scenario. the red of the shoes is different from the pocketsquare and collar. the white shoelaces are also way too informal for everything else. would be much better with properly hemmed jeans and some nicer dress shoes, maybe like brown suede.
    this is really funny. are you for real? this is easily the dumbest critique of a fit pic ever on here, mainly because you're taking yourself so seriously in trying to point out all that you see "is wrong".
    Man, you look bad.
    thank you. this coming from the guy with that brioni jacket ^^^ is a compliment of the highest order.

7. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I think you're taking it too personally. I have to agree with him that the top and bottom half of that fit pic don't jive at all. The cuffed jeans and shoes come off as way too casual for the rest of it.

8. jet

jet Senior member

9. DLester

DLester Senior member

GS you look great. Long coat, jeans, cuffs, the whole bit. That look is what I wear a lot of the time actually.

10. connor

connor Senior member

if you look at top half and then bottom half it doesn't go but when you look at the whole fit the vibe is right for me.

11. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

GS you look great. Long coat, jeans, cuffs, the whole bit. That look is what I wear a lot of the time actually.
    long coat, jeans, cuffs can be perfectly fine. but when you wear your cuffed jeans and work boots do you also select a jacket with a velvet (sorry if i got the material wrong) collar and a pocket square? i like the top alone or the bottom alone but if you're gonna be so formal up top at least put on different laces so it doesnt look like you know who. [​IMG]

12. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

this is really funny. are you for real? this is easily the dumbest critique of a fit pic ever on here, mainly because you're taking yourself so seriously in trying to point out all that you see "is wrong".

Teddy boy? Nice homage, in my opinion.

13. dave

dave Senior member

Teddy boy? Nice homage, in my opinion.

Suedehead. it's a look...if you're into that sorta thing.

14. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

Agreed with some of the comments about GS's fit, curious if he would've put together the same fit back home? Sometimes when travelling (with a limited wardrobe) you just gotta make do with what ya got.

15. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I'm just not a big fan of the boots (DMs?). Everything else is standard GS goodness. Coat is fantastic.

EDIT: K probably should've read the original post. Still, opinion stands.

16. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Agreed with some of the comments about GS's fit, curious if he would've put together the same fit back home? Sometimes when travelling (with a limited wardrobe) you just gotta make do with what ya got.
    thank you. at least some one GETS IT, when you travel you have a really limited amount of stuff you can bring, and when I buy a new coat I just want to wear it with whatever I have on hand. Sometimes the small mindedness of this forum disguised as being "informed" is laughable. Ideally I'd pair the crombie with a pair of oxblood brogues. But I'm a big fan of the boots/braces with crombie look as well. that original critique just sounded like a real cunt talking, about the color of the different burgundies not matching and shit.
    of course you know what's going on Dave. [​IMG]

17. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

^ Have done the same thing many times myself - practicality wins out over impressing SF anyday.

18. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

The lunatics are running the asylum around here.

19. Razeus

Razeus Senior member

Just picked up a black/white gingham secret wash button down collar shirt from J. Crew. $16
    2 pairs of the Bowery pants in Navy and brown

20. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

dries v-neck, burgundy
    70 merino wool 30 silk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.