• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
240495541_o.jpg

Kop'd. I cannot be stopped
frown.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nice. how you like the white high top sneakers?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
mine are already filthy, but look nice casually. Not huge on the tongues, but they're a nice change of pace yet familiar since I've always liked my other MMM sneakers.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
nice. how you like the white high top sneakers?

More wearable (by me) than RO and other hypertrophied sneakers. They'll be my daily "beaters" as I had to throw away my old pair of white hi-tops. If the padded tongue really annoys me I'll have some of the padding removed. Not sure about the boots, impulse purchase. I like the MMM boot shape and white so I just picked them up without thinking about it.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMO, can;'t go wrong with any mmm boots. have my eye on the rubber ankle zip ones. i've worn the sneakers indoors for an hour and have been afraid to wear them outside because i have 3-4 days left to return them. if they were all leather like the f/w ones, there'd be no question i'd keep but the suede bugs me a bit

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if i could find white RO high tops in a 46, i'd buy those to go with my black ones and never buy another pair of sneaks. the ro have been good to me for everyday use

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
IMO, can;'t go wrong with any mmm boots. have my eye on the rubber ankle zip ones. i've worn the sneakers indoors for an hour and have been afraid to wear them outside because i have 3-4 days left to return them. if they were all leather like the f/w ones, there'd be no question i'd keep but the suede bugs me a bit

If you're unsure return them. Margiela will release hi-tops every season. I got both pairs for 50% off so that might explain the impulse boot buy.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I posted this in a seperate thread but here are some pictures of an Ernest Alexander bag I bought. Ernest was first class and sent a personalized email and note with the bag. Great buying experience. /end plug
3749648609_20f7ebf0fd_b.jpg
3749649185_9ae4ffd064_b.jpg
3749673023_1cc64e1d2c_b.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they rescinded the sale price on these at mmm nyc because they will now be carried over.

Originally Posted by Fuuma
If you're unsure return them. Margiela will release hi-tops every season. I got both pairs for 50% off so that might explain the impulse boot buy.

cmsmith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I posted this in a seperate thread but here are some pictures of an Ernest Alexander bag I bought. Ernest was first class and sent a personalized email and note with the bag. Great buying experience. /end plug

Wow, looks great, I love when companies go that extra mile with service to ensure its perfect. The prices are really reasonable on those assuming they are as well made as they looks. How's the quality in your opinion?

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
It looks extremely well made. It could probably withstand a Panzer. I think the streamlined options of the same classic style bag in different colors and finishes help keep the costs down. I'm curious if they'll come out with a new line of bags.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
they rescinded the sale price on these at mmm nyc because they will now be carried over.

Margiela houses are great to find the pieces you really want (full price) but they're not the best for sales.

Lachy

Reaction score
StephenHero, that bag looks excellent. And you've got to respect service like that. It doesn't take much, but it goes along way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads