1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Socal and GetSmart, you guys want to holla at a brother and refinance my mortgage???

Socal, you motherfucking burned down Bergdorf's with those purchases. I thought I was a BG pimp but you the Don "Magic" Juan of BG pimps! [​IMG]

GetSmart, Paul Smith should have been happy to meet YOU!! [​IMG]

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

those Ferragamos did look good with the suit. Is that the cardigan that costs $3000? If so, it totally rules. It's just so much more than I can justify for a sweater, but I'll be jealous every time you post a pic wearing it [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yah they look much better in person; plus, I also have a pair of Cloak grey canvas/black suede lace ups that would work.

The one I'm looking at is $2070. I really don't get the sweater pricing cuz some that feel softer and thicker are like $1350 and then there are others that don't even feel that soft and are $3300.

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Don't know why but I always thought this thread might be a bit crass... but who cares [​IMG] Guess I can floss here as easily as the thrift brag thread, why not.

I just scored a couple things today:

[​IMG]

Avirex goatskin A-2, nearly perfect - barely any pilling on the inside of the waistband even. $45... suckers. 38L so the sleeves are even long enough.

[​IMG]

Wrangler black cotton (!) western shirt with black snaps - I've been looking for a black cotton western shirt for like 4 years now. $12.

Other recent stuff...

[​IMG]

Jacob Siegel (makes for Nordstrom) 100% Loro Piana superfine lambswool overcoat - $can't remember, 30?

Orian (ever heard?) tomato-orange melange chamois? cotton BDC shirt, made in Italy, looked brand new. $7 Looks great on me, would love to pick more of these up for fall.

[​IMG]

Plenty more to come...

4. Homme

Homme Distinguished Member

^ Awesome. The 'vintage' / thrift stores here dont even have clothing that could be used to wash my car [​IMG].

Have made 2 purchases on the bay in the past couple of days:

Sugarcane Garrison

[​IMG].

Dries Van Noten Charcoal suit

[​IMG]

5. Badseeds

Badseeds Distinguished Member

nice buy. have been eying on that SC belt for a while.

Just to make sure, is it leather? someone told me it was made of man made material.

6. Homme

Homme Distinguished Member

I haven't received it yet (should get it this week); but reading through the threads here, several members confirmed it was leather & the 'man made material' part was engrish referring to the buckle.

Got it from this seller. Nice guy, i won the auction for the size 34, but managed to get him to ship to me a size 36 after reading about how small they run.

7. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Distinguished Member

J awsome pick ups! that jacket is great, and the price is a big bonus. The wrangler shirt aswell. I´d love to thrift an A-2, but the only one i´ve seen was in terrible condition [​IMG]

8. j

J awsome pick ups! that jacket is great, and the price is a big bonus. The wrangler shirt aswell. I´d love to thrift an A-2, but the only one i´ve seen was in terrible condition [​IMG]
    Thanks! Yeah, I very rarely see a leather jacket in decent condition, and usually when I do it's like $70+... this was even at a vintage store where they're not shy about marking things way up. I'll have to stop by there more often, I guess. [​IMG]

9. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

FYI the chap from whom I bought my SD-105 has the SC belt for around $75 or so before shipping. I considered getting one but I am trying to get myself to sell more crap I don't need before more purchases...

10. j

Woah, that guy also has Sugar Cane 1947s (one wash) in sizes 29-36 for only $120. And pretty unreal prices on all the other stuff too....

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

12. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Distinguished Member

I'm not going to start a new thread (guess this is a "planned purchase"); but, is this not the perfect umbrella for a Thom Browne outfit?

http://www.duncanquinn.com/item.php?itemid=1265

that is the perfect umbrella for a thom browne outfit....
    i might have to buy that myself now haha

13. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

I think I'll go in to the store on Sat...I also looked at Asprey; but, couldn't find anything.

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I'm not going to start a new thread (guess this is a "planned purchase"); but, is this not the perfect umbrella for a Thom Browne outfit?

http://www.duncanquinn.com/item.php?itemid=1265

nice. I was just at DQ over the weekend. Tried on a bunch of suits/jackets....some fit good others had an odd crease that went over my left chest

btw, Fred Segal has a lot more TB than I'd previously seen. There is a COOL AS HELL sharkskin grey suit, same cut as yours, but different fabric. The jacket alone was $3k+....Trousers were another $1k+

I also noticed that his shirts went up in price to $515...I remember them being $400 last year. He's def got his details down, I was impressed to see him putting the back collar button on the buttondowns.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I've been wanting a burgundy toned sportjacket for the past year....saw this on commiebay, BNWT and got it for under $200

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.