• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nananine

Reaction score
Robert Gellar
sub1h.jpg
Hyden Yoo
hydenyoovilasshirt3.jpg
Mosley Tribes
mosleytribes72.jpg
CdG
39819.jpg
Trickers x Ted Baker (stealing pics lol)
DSCF9584.jpg
And one of those Uniqlo x Tatsunoko Time Bokan tees.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^LOVE the Tricker's!

For me,
4 Alt App Eco heather tees
Hill-side plum chambray bandana
2 J Crew broken-in pocket polos
J Crew broken-in 7" chino shorts
MTM red chambray workshirt

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked at my bank account today and I wanted to stab myself.

old navy 1/2 off everything sale
four pairs of men's boxers at 4.50
8 white undershirts at 2.50 each
and swim trunks at $10

and paul smith sunglasses from gilt
band of outsiders blue/teal whatever overdyed oxford from barney's recently

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Do you happen to know what store? I'm not an EG head but curious about good stores in boston. The RB khakis fit nice. I might have to get me a pair of those or the apc ones when they're on sale. I want to steal your coming soon sweats

http://www.closetboston.com/blog/ is the store, from their blog posts it seems like almost all of their stuff is womens though.

The drawstring legs on the coming soon pants are the cats pjs, makes it so you can wear them 3 or 4 different ways. My favorite so far is cinched and then twisted at the ankle - makes the leg slimmer and the twisted fabric is a cool effect, i'll do a pic when I do it again.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
http://www.closetboston.com/blog/ is the store, from their blog posts it seems like almost all of their stuff is womens though.

The drawstring legs on the coming soon pants are the cats pjs, makes it so you can wear them 3 or 4 different ways. My favorite so far is cinched and then twisted at the ankle - makes the leg slimmer and the twisted fabric is a cool effect, i'll do a pic when I do it again.

Damn. I know that place. I've walked by it a bunch but never actually went in. I might have to next time to see if they have any mens stuff since some of the brands they carry in womens at least are nice.

Yea, that's nice to hear about the pants. If i ever see a pair in supermarket i'll try to jump on them.

Nananine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser

All the coming soon stuff is pretty modular, although I have no idea what to do with the epaulets on the arranged short sleeve Outside of hiding them inside of the shirt, you could cinch up the sleeves?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided against those Trickers from Gilt but after seeing those pics I went back and got them since they were still in my cart. Hopefully the sale will go through okay. They look great.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive wanted some Yves Saint laurent Patent Hi-Tops for a while but never wanted to pay the $410 so I got some off ebay barely used for $193 + Shipping.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Ive wanted some Yves Saint laurent Patent Hi-Tops for a while but never wanted to pay the $410 so I got some off ebay barely used for $193 + Shipping.

ugh i need to find a deal like that. i remember a pair going for $100 barely used in my size but at teh time i was too broke.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh holy **** yes, worth every minute that I waited.
dsc02536j.jpg
dsc02538o.jpg
dsc02540x.jpg
dsc02541.jpg
dsc02542k.jpg
I needs the blue one nao. Who wants more pictures I could snap awya all day at these

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Excellent. I would love some fit pics if you get the chance (since you offered!). I would love to see more fit pics as I am trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on these if they are as slim fitting as I've heard. You should cross post them in the official RRL thread too for reference.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
whodini just nutted

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
^ Excellent. I would love some fit pics if you get the chance (since you offered!). I would love to see more fit pics as I am trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on these if they are as slim fitting as I've heard. You should cross post them in the official RRL thread too for reference.

Fit's a bit longer than BoO, fabric /construction is of higher quality (makes sense). I'll take some fit pictures comparing the two. I THINK that RRL is as slim as BoO but let's see.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd like a fit pic of the striped one, that pocket is nice, really feeling the shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads