1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Uncontrol, those sneakers would be a step down for you.

haha how do you mean?

But they don't make my eyes bleed and they look like they would go with those shinywrinkly disco jeans really well.

2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

i'm at work and wearing those pants with the leopard t-shirt right now haha returned the bootcut jeans because i realized i have two pairs on order right now and don't need a third. probably going to bring back the grey jeans as well because i think they could fit better also the leopard t-shirt has loose stitching at the waist on the side seams so it came undone. [​IMG] will probably just repair it myself and i don't really expect much from a $12 printed t-shirt from h&m but this is the first problem i've had

3. snake

snake Senior member

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

i dunno about inventing the vneck but it's ridiculous how similar they are...

[​IMG]

+1 on shoreman's comments; in my eyes those sweaters are nothing alike apart from the fact they have a v neck, and a lot of sweaters come with that kind of chunky neckline. Raglan vs set in sleeves, low-profile waistband on the Jil vs chunky on the OL, overall the OL's purpose is to be chunky and rough, while the Jil's is to be thick yet elegant. Plus, knowing Jil and OL, the compositions are completely different.

6. Meis

Meis Senior member

our legacy alpaca v-neck, size XS

Where did you find an xs? Also, measurements on xs?

7. onion

onion Senior member

I finally ordered this Richard Chai jacket (except in black) from Saks today.

I've been drooling over this thing for months, but I just didn't feel right paying $700 for a medium weight jacket, especially in this shit economy. Buttttttttt today it went on sale, which was the first time I'd ever seen RC on sale, so there was no way I could pass it up. Plus if it blows Saks's allows returns on everything. [​IMG]

Seriously though I'm so, so excited about this piece.

[​IMG]

and here's the back
    [​IMG]

8. jet

jet Senior member

mmm 3 pocket bomber

9. BB1

BB1 Senior member

+1

Henrik special ordered it for me at fever.se
    I have the Our Legacy navy cardi in XS. I figure the fitment will be the same.

I have only occasionally seen Our Legacy in size XS on Japanese web sites, and not very often at that! Sites in Europe never seem to carry that size-- it's actually far easier to find size XS clothing in the US.

According to fever.se, the small sweater is about 19" pit-to-pit which is pretty typical for a European size S sweater. I'm guessing the XS is more like 18" in the chest, what does yours actually measure?

10. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

If you're done with the Alfa, hook a brother up!
    Also, I've been pretty well absent from the forum for about a month, WTF are you still doing in Sydney?

- secret project taking longer than planned to complete & deliver to client.. [​IMG]
    I would *love* a review of this bag - I've been contemplating picking one up for ages but have always wondered how it worked as a day-to-day briefcase and travel bag.
    - will do.
    - so far it's not bad for a daily, though the size & thought behind is for a travel/work/24hr bag
    - lots of well designed (yes designed) & placed pockets.
    - my only negative like most bags is the dark interior
    Nice bag pg.
    - thanks

11. spencers

spencers Senior member

I have only occasionally seen Our Legacy in size XS on Japanese web sites, and not very often at that! Sites in Europe never seem to carry that size-- it's actually far easier to find size XS clothing in the US. According to fever.se, the small sweater is about 19" pit-to-pit which is pretty typical for a European size S sweater. I'm guessing the XS is more like 18" in the chest, what does yours actually measure?
    I'll let you know next week when it arrives. Our Legacy listed the XS shawl collar cardi p2p at 18.89". Since mine fits amazingly well, I decided to wait it out for the XS in the alpaca sweater. I'm assuming the measurement is close to that.
    Where did you find an xs? Also, measurements on xs?
    Henrik special ordered it for me at fever.se I have the Our Legacy navy shawl cardi in XS. I figure the fitment will be the same.
    I didn't get measurements

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think jet's trying to buy the whole mmm collection

13. junebugmm

junebugmm Senior member

DBSS cardigan
    Please do post a WAYWT pic with all of your recent purchases put together. Based on what you've posted in the past, I'm not entirely sure Cloak and DBSS will go well with you, but who knows? Anticipating some pictures. jet, at least post a stock photo

14. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Senior member

i think jet's trying to buy the whole mmm collection
    It's the last one, stock up.

15. jet

jet Senior member

black version of this

[​IMG]

also copped this

[​IMG]

16. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

17. asobu

asobu Senior member

I wanted that jil knit real bad last winter. I think I still want it. Raf for Jil fw07 was goood.

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I finally ordered this Richard Chai jacket (except in black) from Saks today.

I've been drooling over this thing for months, but I just didn't feel right paying $700 for a medium weight jacket, especially in this shit economy. Buttttttttt today it went on sale, which was the first time I'd ever seen RC on sale, so there was no way I could pass it up. Plus if it blows Saks's allows returns on everything. [​IMG]

Seriously though I'm so, so excited about this piece.

How much discount did you get?

19. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Senior member

What light gray bag is that?

20. jet

jet Senior member

margiela

ya jil 07 was the best i got quite a few from that collection

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.