• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

delirium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
So... they're exactly like common projects then?

haha quoted for truth
lol8[1].gif

Nuff said

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
Yeah, they're the same soles, but even the fakes use those soles, so it's not saying much. The uppers on those GAs are obviously inferior to CPs, though, even from those bad pics... the leather is really thin and has that cheap-looking sheen, and the construction looks like crap.
I wouldn't be so quick to make snap appraisals of quality based on crappy internet photos if I were you. I dont own CPs or the GAs but I've seen both up close. I would say they are definitely made in the same factory and the quality is certainly on par if not better on the Giorgio Armani's.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nuff said
I wouldn't be so quick to make snap appraisals of quality based on crappy internet photos if I were you.

I dont own CPs or the GAs but I've seen both up close. I would say they are definitely made in the same factory and the quality is certainly on par if not better on the Giorgio Armani's.

+1, I've seen CPs up close too as well as many other high end sneakers and you just can't compare them to adidas or puma, I first noticed a pair of CPs by somebody wearing them, so there was no prejudice involved. Honestly though I think its like comparing Kenneth Cole to Vass. I don't think aqhong knows what he's talking about.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
Yeah, they're the same soles, but even the fakes use those soles, so it's not saying much. The uppers on those GAs are obviously inferior to CPs, though, even from those bad pics... the leather is really thin and has that cheap-looking sheen, and the construction looks like crap.

I assure you, they are very good quality. They are as hard as a rock. What I really love is how comfortable they are. The softness of the interior is really amazing, more comfortable than Bottega Venetta and Cole Haan or even my inserts that I have gotten at the drug store.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wings + Horns Dayton Service Boots for me, whenever Mauro ships them out.

Some oppertunistic MJK stuff, chambray t's and the last charcoal oxford in my size. Perfect colour for my look so I grabbed a second.

Looking at the Gitman Bros Vintage oxfords, I think I'll be picking up a few each in white, light blue and maybe some stripes. These will be great for Summer / Spring here, with chino shorts/ slimmed incotex.

After that, Filson Small Duffel and a 256, Charcoal and also White W+H Hightops. Never thought I would wear sneakers again until I saw them, pretty much perfect IMO. RRL Chino's + Raws, Loopwheeler, PBJ and a Baracuta G9 Slim after those.

It really does take awhile to get all the basics together. However it's better to slowly accumulate over a year then have average mall stuff. Hopefully, at the end of the year I can start buying some key pieces, when NdG and W+H FW09 launches.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Wings + Horns Dayton Service Boots for me, whenever Mauro ships them out.

Some oppertunistic MJK stuff, chambray t's and the last charcoal oxford in my size. Perfect colour for my look so I grabbed a second.

Looking at the Gitman Bros Vintage oxfords, I think I'll be picking up a few each in white, light blue and maybe some stripes. These will be great for Summer / Spring here, with chino shorts/ slimmed incotex.

After that, Filson Small Duffel and a 256, Charcoal and also White W+H Hightops. Never thought I would wear sneakers again until I saw them, pretty much perfect IMO. RRL Chino's + Raws, Loopwheeler, PBJ and a Baracuta G9 Slim after those.

It really does take awhile to get all the basics together. However it's better to slowly accumulate over a year then have average mall stuff. Hopefully, at the end of the year I can start buying some key pieces, when NdG and W+H FW09 launches.

That was all recently? Like within the last month?

I'm jealous...

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
Those ralph lauren buckles suck. The latch never presses hard enough on the leather, so the belt always comes loose.

It was returned. I am going to see if Hermes is can sell me a buckle. I know you have to buy them separate from the strap there. I really do not know where to find a buckle. I need 1.5 or maybe 1.25 inches.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
That was all recently? Like within the last month?

I'm jealous...

Haha, no.

Dayton's and MJK stuff last week.

When the e-store that I'm watching gets the Gitman's in, I'll be grabbing them.

Hopefully be getting the two pair of W+H hightops in about three weeks.

Been thinking that I might hold off on the Filson with the current state of the USD, dropping in value like a stone, getting it later in the year would easily save 10 - 20 %.

Should be a good year though. Still deciding on a few things - PBJ or Dior 21's?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pics = fail

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
No pics = fail

The messenger is not here yet, and since it is officially a FW09 release, there are not pictures on the web either. If you want, I can paste some stock pics of the sneakers for you, jet style.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I have the sneakz too.

From NYC:

Tan suede Co-op house brand Chukkas
45rpm grey tshirt polo
45rpm white sorohikos
a really, really cool muji nylon 4 pocket jacket
bunch of basics from uniqlo

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
stop hittin people up for **** fok
crackup[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads