• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
That's some great stuff Justin...almost makes me wanna go back and get that TB polo.....*almost* ...BTW, post pics of your suit when you get it back!

You know I will!!

I'm going to wear it in a few weeks to an Anthony Goicolea opening at a Chelsea gallery for his new exhibit (perfect event, right?).

I'm going to go back probably not this weekend; but, next and get either a pair of the black wing tips or an cashmere oatmeal vneck pull over with 3 white arm stripes. Part of me says get the shoes since so much of his cashmere can still be found end of season marked down...however, I then wouldn't be able to wear it for a few months after I bought it because it will be too hot in June for that.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
You should get the Thom Browne suit in black/white gingham that has a seersucker hand/texture.
bounce2.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Picked up this Band of Outsiders 1950s style gingham shirt jac from ShopJake

Damn that's nice. Are the shirts really that short IRL? Because I love the length.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'm going to go back probably not this weekend; but, next and get either a pair of the black wing tips or an cashmere oatmeal vneck pull over with 3 white arm stripes.

I'm hoping you get the wingtips so you can post some pics on here. I would love to see some detailed shots of what his shoes are like, the sole, last shape etc

Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Damn that's nice. Are the shirts really that short IRL? Because I love the length.

It's based on shirts that were popular in the 1950s-early 60s where they are meant to be worn untucked so they end at the waistline with buttoned tabs on the sides if you want to tighten the waist fit. Hence the name "shirtjac" as it's a shirt with a jacket like length

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
You should get the Thom Browne suit in black/white gingham that has a seersucker hand/texture.
bounce2.gif

saw it (I think at Bergdorf)..its pretty nice, but not a fan of seersucker-ish fabric

Altho (speaking of Band of Outsiders), BoO has a jacket that is seersucker in appearance but it's heavy cotton that I liked a lot. Similar kind of fit as TB, but their sleeves are even skinnier and I've never seen a jacket where the wrist opening is as tight as BoO jackets

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I'm hoping you get the wingtips so you can post some pics on here. I would love to see some detailed shots of what his shoes are like, the sole, last shape etc

As we said via email and discussed potential cobblers (but here it is for others to speculate) his shoes are British hand/bench (same thing? I don't follow footwear the closely) made; but, they won't tell you by whom.

I will post a sole pic because when you walk on certain floors (mainly tile) they sort of "tap" as the back part corner of the heel that always wears first is actually partially steel that aligns with the leather.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I will post a sole pic because when you walk on certain floors (mainly tile) they sort of "tap" as the back part corner of the heel that always wears first is actually partially steel that aligns with the leather.

ah nice!! That's usually a bespoke feature, having built in metal heel/toe taps. I always add the plastic ones to my shoes since I am a heel grinder. Metal ones are righteous.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I hear you on that, I even try to notice the way I walk so it doesn't seem like I'm digging into the pavement. I'm excitied now to post pictures of the soles once I get them because if there is a forum who can figure out the true maker of them it would be this one.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey socal, how much did you pay for the thom browne polo?
damn that totes nice but at 720 it will be soemthign thats on my list that I will never make..

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
$700

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$700
baller how much are the tb cashmere marked down usually ? at bergdorf or what?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Ghul...the cashmere usually goes first mark at 40% and then 60% and then final sale at 75% off.

GRRR!!! I thought today was Wednesday (day to pick up suit)! I think working this weekend through me off and set me forward a day.
But, I couldn't leave empty handed.

Bought a Thom Browne grey wool tie covered with white swiss dot tulle.
swissdot.jpg

Also yesterday one of the ***** Cat Dolls bought my oatmeal vneck
frown.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^^ nice tie.....will look great with the suit

Today, picked up 2 Short Sleeve shirts at Paul Smith

same cut, different fabric...very severely fitted and 100% awesome

paulsmithshirtsjb5.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Damn.

When we having an LA meet?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Nice shirts....the pink one looks like a soft washed cotton?

I'm really trying to stay away from stripes for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads