1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

If it was like 2 years ago i would've bought that dbss jacket. The yen to dollar is awful right now [​IMG]

3. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

Some financial estimates have put the Yen to dollar ratio getting as low as 50yen to a dollar by late next year. I cannot imagine how much this is going to increase the cost of all the Japanese made clothing [​IMG]

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

^ it really is scary, considering how much I like vacationing in Japan, and the prospect of it being that expensive is really disheartening. On the other hand, my girlfriend is Japanese and filthy rich. If you can imagine that skit where Chappelle gets Oprah pregnant.... yeah.. [​IMG]

5. asobu

asobu Senior member

Yeah, if the yen keeps getting stronger I'm gonna be soo fucked once I move back next spring.

edit: sorta like impolyt, I'm gonna have to get me a nice, filthy rich japanese girlfriend that can provide me my kops and house me in minami-aoyama or ebisu, while I'm at home cooking dinner.

6. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

Porsche Design Gore-Tex Softshell. I thought it was going to be a lot bigger then it is. The quality is amazing, puts Arcteryx to shame. The waist area is a little big but the quality may make me keep it. Will have it up in B&S though in case I decide to get rid of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. cmsmith

cmsmith Senior member

copped from ATOO?

I wanted to order from them because no one else seems to have it in L left, but it was gonna be $190 CAD + duty when it got here, not worth paying double the retail for.

8. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Porsche Design Gore-Tex Softshell. I thought it was going to be a lot bigger then it is. The quality is amazing, puts Arcteryx to shame. The waist area is a little big but the quality may make me keep it. Will have it up in B&S though in case I decide to get rid of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It looks okay. Keep it.

9. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

good to know the quality is that good... will be getting one next time around

10. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

good to know the quality is that good... will be getting one next time around

Yea the details are really good. Like really heavy high quality zippers and all the stitching seems really solid. I mean it was like $700 retail or something so I guess that's expected.

11. snake

snake Senior member

rag & bone [​IMG] sugarcane [​IMG] kzo [​IMG]

12. jet

jet Senior member

copped-

neti pot
    jiffy j2000
    white teez

13. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

why don't you just use the steamer to clear up your sinus

14. dmash

dmash Senior member

Kopped these Buttero's for $120 from a fellow forum member. It was this or a new pair of beeswax DB's and I chose these.

[​IMG]

15. jet

jet Senior member

why don't you just use the steamer to clear up your sinus

I got a better idea why don't I use it to steam your azz.

16. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

haahahah

edit: tell me how it works out. i've been too lazy to iron for months

17. DLester

DLester Senior member

copped-

neti pot
    jiffy j2000
    white teez

Good cop - this has been on my list for some time but I haven't followed through. I need to get on it.

18. jet

jet Senior member

costco.com 120 shipped

19. dmash

dmash Senior member

Good cop - this has been on my list for some time but I haven't followed through. I need to get on it.

Is that a COMPLETE alternative to ironing? Just as good?

That would so be worth 150 dollars so I could stop hassling my girl about ironing my shit.[​IMG]

20. jet

jet Senior member

Does not replace ironing only gets rid of wrinkles doesn't make them crispy fresh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.