• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Not well unfortunately, they're made to look decent on the rack (except for the most recent ones) but once they come into contact with water they fade and fall apart. When buyers go to the apc showroom all the samples utilize great fabrics while being made in france but once they produce them Jean puts one over on everyone and they arrive shittily made in china or wherever their third world factories are.

I still have some made in France APC pieces and they've held up relatively well. On the other hand I got into their jeans a little bit later (05/after joining here) and they're made in Tunisia and have also held up quite well so I can't complain.

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Ok here are my Oliver Peoples Riley with green lenses. I LOVE them. They are similar to the Ray-Ban Wayfarer, but still pretty different. The frame is much thinner and lighter, as well as the lenses are more rounded. Despite being lighter and thinner they feel much more durable and well made than my old Ray-Bans. The faux shell is also wayyyyyyy nicer than the Ray-Bans, and the gold inlay in the frame (not visible) is a nice touch as well. I can't say enough how nice these are in person. The photos do no justice, but I only have a camera phone. http://i42.tinypic.com/2r2rsk2.jpg http://i39.tinypic.com/256cz2p.jpg
Which color are those? They look good as sunglasses. I'm currently getting prescription lenses put in my new Rileys. They're a really nice shape imo. I tried on everything from Dita to Lunor to Paul Smith and ended up going with the Rileys because of how well they fit my face.

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
More Engineered Garments stuff.

lol

fleabay'd:

class 5 60/40
BReIdYwBWkKGrHgoOKj0EjlLmRc54BJ-KSq.jpg

mcgregor
138a_12.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think daiki gets lots of ideas from some of those old mcgregor shirts. They made those MG boating shirts back in the day too.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Engineered Garments stuff.

OK, I don't usually say this kind of thing to people because I'm usually a pretty non-violent person, but dammit robin, if you don't start posting fit pics I am going to find you and I am going to kick your ass. And then I am going to steal all of your clothes.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
Which color are those? They look good as sunglasses. I'm currently getting prescription lenses put in my new Rileys. They're a really nice shape imo. I tried on everything from Dita to Lunor to Paul Smith and ended up going with the Rileys because of how well they fit my face.

Dark Mahogany. What color did you go with?

wiru

Reaction score
I think daiki gets lots of ideas from some of those old mcgregor shirts. They made those MG boating shirts back in the day too.
Yeah, this shirt reminded me of the mg shirt patterns from last spring. I used to see shirts like those on ebay, but not lately. Here are a couple other "Nepenthes-y" items: McGregor - Needles did something like this, last f/w maybe.
DSC00032.jpg
Arrow - Thought this was reminiscent of this season's EG. (Also has the infamous third button collar button and locker loop.)
DSC00005.jpg
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
This is getting creepy--I bought this a month ago
Groupthink FTW??

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
OK, I don't usually say this kind of thing to people because I'm usually a pretty non-violent person, but dammit robin, if you don't start posting fit pics I am going to find you and I am going to kick your ass. And then I am going to steal all of your clothes.
I really don't have the time to take a picture and process it (despite posting on here all day).

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
I really don't have the time to take a picture and process it (despite posting on here all day).

like... in a lab?
eh.gif

here you go.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not quite. Meant from RAW format... it's kind of a pain on my current computer setup.

bsyde82

Reaction score
^^ I feel you...my POS laptop takes an eternity to import and export a raw photo (that is, if it doesn't freeze) Recent purchases:
IMG_4928.jpg
+ A.P.C. Petit Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads