1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

did you really buy a $10 000+ book
    The Taschen limited editions are usually $800-$1500, this price is ridiculous and you can probably still find it for a reasonable deal. They're more like collectible than books which means they don't really get used as people don't want them to loose value. AFAIK the book was first printed in limited and regular edition so I might be wrong. You can get a regular one here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/383...pf_rd_i=507846 Keep in mind that online retailers are just out to gouge you when it comes to rare books. I'm sure Ghulkan found it for less than the price quoted here.

2. jet

jet Well-Known Member

ahh.

the brown leather grenson uses looks kind of cheap. doesnt have much character to it, right?

Did you just ask my homey some info on his purchase only to bag on it after???

3. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

^ those pictures don't show it but the gilt ones do (b/c of zoom) , i was hoping there exists a better quality verison

4. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Well-Known Member

JCrew secret wash large red gingham shirts. Love the secret wash shirts when they go on sale for $29.99

5. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

^ those pictures don't show it but the gilt ones do (b/c of zoom) , i was hoping there exists a better quality verison

Grenson Leach is from their Rushden collection. Rose collection is their top of the line... look up Grenson Chertsey, maybe?

6. UserName84

UserName84 Well-Known Member

Def not the highest quality but I was just looking for something on the cheaper side and had credits on gilt anyways.

7. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

8. skunkworks

skunkworks Well-Known Member

9. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

I've fallen off the wagon. Again.

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

I have a shirt with that exact same pattern on the left, still pissed that it doesn't fit my chest anymore [​IMG]

11. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

Didn't you loose weight though? Can't get it tailored? If not, WvG is your friend.

12. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Didn't you loose weight though? Can't get it tailored? If not, WvG is your friend.

Technically I've been at the same weight, just fat is slowly being replaced with muscle. My chest size went up an inch over the course of the summer and I made the shirt in the beginning before I decided to double my protein intake. I was dumb and told the tailor no pleats/darts in the back so I sort of doubt it's possible to let out the chest at all. Basically 4 shirts with cool patterns aren't wearable [​IMG]

13. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

Damn, that's great about the body transformation though! Take consolation in the fact that your TOJ is badass, you don't need no shirt!

I'm slowly turning from a pear into a carrot. Hope I don't out grow this shit too quick though.

14. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Just angry at myself because even the tailor said "You sure you don't want to sew in some darts instead of making it fit like that?" and I said that it'll be incentive for me not to gain weight. Forgot that things other than belly exist [​IMG]

15. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone who's been to the DC alden store in the past couple of years may recognize these.

16. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Technically I've been at the same weight, just fat is slowly being replaced with muscle. My chest size went up an inch over the course of the summer and I made the shirt in the beginning before I decided to double my protein intake. I was dumb and told the tailor no pleats/darts in the back so I sort of doubt it's possible to let out the chest at all. Basically 4 shirts with cool patterns aren't wearable [​IMG]

I'm definitely afraid of gaining weight or gaining a lot of muscle for those reasons. Good thing i'm too lazy to work out. Just have to watch out for the snacking

17. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

Shoreman, those are indeed very sweet, the color is "gorgeous". You dont miss beefrolls though?

18. jet

jet Well-Known Member

shore those are amazing, you finally did something right

are these readily available?

19. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Anyone who's been to the DC alden store in the past couple of years may recognize these.

Whoa, these are really nice.

20. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Are you going to get some kind of hand dyed, bespoke penny for them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.