• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goblin
Lands' End:
- "tailored fit" dress shirts: blue windowpane, blue minicheck, blue wide stripe, blue with white windowpane, light blue, light french blue, light pink, yellow ocbd, dark pink ocbd, ecru ocbd, white ocbd x5.

if you haven't received these yet, please post how they fit when you do. i'm still having a problem finding slim fitting dress shirts in anything other than solids and stripes.

New copy of D Generation CD, one of my all-time favorite NY Dolls/Hanoi Rocks descendant bands.

heartattack.jpg

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
if you haven't received these yet, please post how they fit when you do. i'm still having a problem finding slim fitting dress shirts in anything other than solids and stripes.
I've had them before. They're all right, i.e., "better than boxy" but the 15x34 is still a bit big on me at 5'9" and 145 lbs. I should probably be wearing a 33 sleeve, but I have to keep my tattoos well-covered, so that may have something to do with it ... I suspect the 15x33 would fit me much better. They're definitely the most cost-effective options for me, though. EDIT: I will check that band out.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had them before. They're all right, i.e., "better than boxy" but the 15x34 is still a bit big on me at 5'9" and 145 lbs. I should probably be wearing a 33 sleeve, but I have to keep my tattoos well-covered, so that may have something to do with it ... I suspect the 15x33 would fit me much better.

They're definitely the most cost-effective options for me, though.

EDIT: I will check that band out.

Hopefully your new workout doesn't make all this stuff not fit
eek.gif

Lysol

Reaction score
EDIT: I will check that band out.

they don't sound much anything like d-generation but they were jesse malin's first band. he was like 12 or 13 or something like that at the time. it sounds exactly like the music you'd expect a 13 year old in new york city to be playing in 1981.

sartoriallychallenged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
sartoriallychallenged, I kind of really like that Marc Jacobs shirt, but it looks kind of sheer--mind posting impressions once you get it?

Sure, no problem. I hope it's not sheer, I'm not in the best of shape right now LOL My worry is that none of this stuff is going to fit me because I ordered International Size Large but I'm trying to lose weight for a trip to Europe at the end of the summer, so hopefully I'll lose enough in the next month or two to fit into them
blush.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I just went on an epic spring spending spree of my own. I'm so glad we decided never to have kids.

Lands' End:
- "tailored fit" 3-button suits w/flat-front pants: black, dark charcoal, dark navy, tan.
- dress sportcoats: navy gabardine blazer, wheat herringbone silk blend, brown plaid silk blend, black plaid silk blend.
- casual sportcoats: khaki washed cotton, brown washed corduroy, olive washed corduroy.
- flat-front pants: brown finewale cords, khaki finewale cords, khaki twill, gray twill, olive wool, brown wool.
- "tailored fit" dress shirts: blue windowpane, blue minicheck, blue wide stripe, blue with white windowpane, light blue, light french blue, light pink, yellow ocbd, dark pink ocbd, ecru ocbd, white ocbd x5.
- ties: red with little hearts, slate blue silk knit, gold silk knit, navy neat, green neat, red/navy/gold striped skinny, pink and green striped skinny, green and blue striped skinny, blue solid, red solid.
- shoes: black plain toe oxfords, tan monk straps.
- belts: black, tan, cordovan.
[I've always had good luck with Lands' End after minor alterations, and I have a Sears card.]

American Apparel
- hoodies: brown/pink thermal, lapis flex fleece, black flex fleece.
- v-necks: forest, brown, cranberry, ash grey stripe.
- black sweater vest.
- olive cardigan.
- white polo.
- cranberry track jacket.

Old Navy
- gray bootcut cords.
- brown henley t-shirt.
- black aviator knockoffs.

eBay:
Skinny purple tie with white stripes.
Brooks Brothers blue tie with little bunny rabbits.

Also:
Black and nickel briefcase, Schlesinger.
White Jack Purcells.
Haspel grey/white seersucker coat.
Acne Mic Rigid, Denim Bar.
10mm sterling silver bracelet, goldenmine.com.
Order for 4 custom shirts, local tailor.
New copy of D Generation CD, one of my all-time favorite NY Dolls/Hanoi Rocks descendant bands.
d78266r9o14.jpg

I'm going to be a happy boy over the next couple weeks, and all for less than the cost of one Kibroni suit or whatever.

hifive.gif

That's a whole wardrobe overhaul! do post pic of your new look when you receive what you ordered.

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
they don't sound much anything like d-generation but they were jesse malin's first band. he was like 12 or 13 or something like that at the time. it sounds exactly like the music you'd expect a 13 year old in new york city to be playing in 1981.
Weirdly, his solo stuff doesn't sound anything like D Generation either.
confused.gif

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
That's a whole wardrobe overhaul! do post pic of your new look when you receive what you ordered.
It's sort of the same look I've always had, with a few additions ... my main goals are expanding the palette, adding a few things like seersucker and more cords, and getting/tailoring things to actually fit.

I suspect my new workout regimen won't swell me out of my wardrobe, as I'm not really aiming for significant hypertrophy at this point.

sartoriallychallenged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartoriallychallenged
My first "designer" splurge
smile.gif

Off Yoox.com:
Alexaner McQueen Blazer (Sand) for about $159US on sale from $398
Diesel Floral Print Short Sleeve Shirt $70US
Datch Pink v-neck shirt (Green version in attached pic) $30
Ben Sherman short sleeve patterned shirt $58
AB/Soul Jeans on sale for $89US from $178--is anyone familiar with this brand?

Blah, I had to return everything but the Ben Sherman patterned shirt--everything wlse was waaaay too small
frown.gif
I just hope my Bluefly order fares better.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got these yesterday, on sale for $60 CAD. Not familiar with the brand (Jack and Jones Denim), but I've been looking for a more chunky sneaker than Chucks/Purcells, and these fit the bill; they look like Stan Smiths.

w80074637.jpg

A little too bright right now, gotta wear them in a bit

Buddy Love

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Not familiar with the brand (Jack and Jones Denim),

I believe it's Danish brand targeted for teens and young adults, mostly streetwear. They usually sell with with another brand, Selected, from the same main company. We have those shops in every mall in Finland (and probably in Scandinavia too).

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Nice Buddy.

I bought a bunch of jeans at BlueBee, looking for something to burn my store credit on. Discussed in detail elsewhere...April 77 Sinners are unique and well-cut, but not exactly what I'm after; KMWs are excellent quality but bizarrely oversized below the knee; Acne Mics fit me almost perfectly, and will probably be the ones I keep. Ordered another pair to see if I want to size down or not. May try some Jean Shops too...

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
^^ Nice Buddy.

I bought a bunch of jeans at BlueBee, looking for something to burn my store credit on. Discussed in detail elsewhere...April 77 Sinners are unique and well-cut, but not exactly what I'm after; KMWs are excellent quality but bizarrely oversized below the knee; Acne Mics fit me almost perfectly, and will probably be the ones I keep. Ordered another pair to see if I want to size down or not. May try some Jean Shops too...

I was actually at Blue Bee yesterday and Friday. They had some pretty cool stuff. I liked some of the Alexander McQueen stuff, they had some nice Steven Alan shirts, and I was fond of the Acne jackets as well although they were a bit pricey. It was sorta funny though, when I was there friday the girl I was with was browsing in the female side, but on Saturday we both walked into the male one just to check things out briefly and it sounded like someone was getting it on in the changing room. She was like WTF so we left haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads