1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Shit, I screwed up and could have saved some $$$ by getting the Uniqlo version! At least if I bought Uniqlo I would be assured of getting a slight step up in quality above H&M or the Gap.

Honestly this is like comparing the new Gap 1969 denim to KMW. It is amazing how similar the Gap's new offering looks to KMW with the selvege coin pocket, stitching, and back pockets design.

But since when are companies like Gap or Uniqlo known for originality? While I'm not entirely sure this particular Mr. Olive design is original, I do know the quality is far better and they have been making this exact style for a number of years-- it is not new for them.

2. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Common Projects Original Achilles! THANKS for the advice Jet!
    [​IMG]

But they're not ALL black?

3. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Shit, I screwed up and could have saved some $$$ by getting the Uniqlo version! At least if I bought Uniqlo I would be assured of getting a slight step up in quality above H&M or the Gap. Honestly this is like comparing the new Gap 1969 denim to KMW. It is amazing how similar the Gap's new offering looks to KMW with the selvege coin pocket, stitching, and back pockets design. But since when are companies like Gap or Uniqlo known for originality? While I'm not entirely sure this particular Mr. Olive design is original, I do know the quality is far better and they have been making this exact style for a number of years-- it is not new for them.
    I don't think anyone's saying Mr. Olive copied Uniqlo or vice versa; they're just generic, colored skinny jeans, after all. (The only notable similarity is the aforementioned pattern of lap creases, with no distressing anywhere else, which is characteristic of some Uniqlo jeans.) For what it's worth, Uniqlo has been making T-000s for a while too, and they come in every wash and color you can think of. Personally, I'd buy the Uniqlo version (or even Gap) as long as the fit was there, just because colored jeans aren't something I'd wear all the time, so quality of denim and such isn't as important to me. To each his own, though.

4. shasta

shasta Senior member

But they're not ALL black?

hahah pwned!

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Flathead :
    [​IMG]

Wrangler (vintage) :
    [​IMG]

Rick Owens:
    [​IMG]

+ one pair of slim black Acne jeans cause my Cloak are getting beatup.

6. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

7. breakz

breakz Senior member

Fuuma nice stuff.
    imagine DECEMBER talking to a girl about jeans
    [​IMG] sigged!

8. dmash

dmash Senior member

Haha you guys are haters on the Common Projects. hahaha

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

will say it again, milk blistered RO is the tits. still need to find the milk-colored high collar

Flathead :
    [​IMG]

Wrangler (vintage) :
    [​IMG]

Rick Owens:
    [​IMG]

+ one pair of slim black Acne jeans cause my Cloak are getting beatup.

10. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

Picked these up for a good price on eBay. This is my first pair of boots from Timberland Boot Co. If anyone owns them let me know how they are treating you. I am not sure how the canvas will hold up in the wet weather. I am hoping it will not be a problem. Thanks [​IMG]

11. jet

jet Senior member

fuuma find me that in size L

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

This one or the plainer regular moto one (without the anatomical stitching)?

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i can get you light grey one in large for about $900

14. jet

jet Senior member

^Show me a pic homey.

fuuma do you have a pic of the other? I like this one, what size you cop and how does it fit (i know sizing is all over the place).

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

jet, i have it in xxl, it is 23.5" across chest, 19.5" across shoulders. i sold an xl which was 22 chest, 19 shoulders.

i believe large is 21.5 chest, 18.5 shoulders

16. jet

jet Senior member

L sounds right.

Need that moto.

17. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^the one i can get is the simple, basic unadorned one i am wearing in this pic:

[​IMG]

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

It's a very good basic jacket IMHO. The grey ones I saw didn't have brownish/greenish tints though, could it be your camera playing tricks?

Note: there's a dirty brown/grey jacket that almost looks black depending on the lighting but the one you're wearing is much lighter.

19. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^is a shitty iphone pic. i'm wearing it now and it is dove grey. a very light slate color if that makes sense. notice, this one also has no neck snap which i actually prefer but some do not. here's another pic: [​IMG]

20. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Shades of Griege [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.