Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

American Rag's sale in Orange County (@ Fascist Island)....they had every single shirt style available and in most sizes (except for the Med's yours truly snatched up). I guess doods in the OC don't have a clue or care about BoO. That shit wouldnt have lasted more than a day at the LA store, at 75% off and all

2. Dill

Dill Senior member

2 Band of Outsiders oxford buttondowns in the boxpleated extra slimfit model

one is light blue with red/magenta stripe, the other is light blue with white/blue stripes

both retailed for $260 ea, got each for $60, $520 worth of shirts for $130 after tax!!! now THAT's a hella sale. and these were the shirts i'd been eyeing all last season long but never pulled the trigger on

I hate you. I am going to be down in LA next weekend. Did they have anything else good on sale?

3. evacuatingheaven

evacuatingheaven Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My friend @ the vans outlet is quitting in a week, so i had to take advantage of the discount one last time.

4. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

its always good to abuse poeples discoutns
    reminds me of the time when i used my ex gfs discount at gtown optician to get 50 percent off on six pairs of oliver peoples and 20 percent on a pair of chrome hearts right before she quit

5. evacuatingheaven

evacuatingheaven Well-Known Member

yeah, all of those vans put me back $92, tax included.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I hate you. I am going to be down in LA next weekend. Did they have anything else good on sale?

lots of Ts and hoodies, didnt really look too carefully at them since I'm not into Ts/hoodies. As I said, lots of BoO shirts...it's like they didnt sell a single one at full price and they're all at 75% off. This is their final call so it's all hit/miss

7. Sabrosa

Sabrosa Senior member

lots of Ts and hoodies, didnt really look too carefully at them since I'm not into Ts/hoodies. As I said, lots of BoO shirts...it's like they didnt sell a single one at full price and they're all at 75% off. This is their final call so it's all hit/miss

Apparently the sale is over now. [​IMG]

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

are you serious? yesterday was the last day??? damn, the sartorial gods were definitely smiling upon me then...esp as we were there towards the end of the day right before closing.

9. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

LA was a mess Saturday with all the Grammy folks in town. Barneys was "facelift central"!.

Headed over to Paul Smith on Melrose and lo and behold they were still having a sale.

Picked up another pair of the overdyed shoes in Bottle Green at 75% off of $495 and a limited edition set of 6 David Bowie plates 50% off of $795.

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Apparently the sale is over now. [​IMG]

Did you call them or what? I'm gonna stop by later just to check it out.

11. Sabrosa

Sabrosa Senior member

Did you call them or what? I'm gonna stop by later just to check it out.
    I called and ended up speaking with the manager right before I posted. He told me that the sale was over and they didn't have any more BoO shirts in stock (maybe he just meant on-sale, I'm not positive). I had to run to make an appointment, so I didn't stay on the line to ask for any further details. No cheap shirts for me today. [​IMG]

12. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

yea i called too
    it sucks

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

LA was a mess Saturday with all the Grammy folks in town. Barneys was "facelift central"!.

Headed over to Paul Smith on Melrose and lo and behold they were still having a sale.

Picked up another pair of the overdyed shoes in Bottle Green at 75% off of $495 and a limited edition set of 6 David Bowie plates 50% off of $795.

They still have the blue suede wingtips? Damn I kinda want those, must resist.

14. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

They still have the blue suede wingtips? Damn I kinda want those, must resist.

yea what colors do they have left
    i kinda want the red wine ones or the burnt mustard orangy ones

15. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

As fascinating as this tangent has been for East Coasters...

I wasn't going to blow these up, but apparently they don't make my size, so whatever. Some guy actually posted these on SuFu a while back, but no one really paid attention.

Anyway, these

http://hiquasports.com/badminton/baikyshoes.htm

are the ill sh**. Guarantee you'll be the only kid on your block rocking them, you can show your solidarity with your comrades in the class struggle on the Chinese National Badminton Team, and they're f***in' 12 bucks.

Soles are good and thick; stitiching seems pretty sound, but who gives a f***? When they're $12, just wear them 'til they bust and get a new pair.

I just got a some 45s in the mail, but they're too small, and it doesn't look like they make 46. [​IMG]

Too bad - these things'll be the next German army sneakers. Trust me. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.