1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Temple of Jawnz 6-zip cafe racer... thick New Zealand lambskin and pure silk lining... [​IMG]

2. asobu

asobu Senior member

zipper overload! shit looks buttery as hell, I wanna touch it. hat's off to you, sir, obviously more than capable of putting together nice pieces.

3. Babar

Babar Senior member

In general European designers are terrible when it comes to making jeans. Only Slimani came up with a decent fit and fabrication. D&G, Givenchy, Armani, Balenciaga, Neil Barret, Prada etc...all crapola!
    I've found Balenciaga jeans to be closer to DH in pretty much every regard compared to the other brands you listed. In fact I look at Balenciaga jeans of late as a sort of high end alternative to DH with slender fits, higher quality, and of course a higher price tag..

4. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

5. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

Temple of Jawnz 6-zip cafe racer... thick New Zealand lambskin and pure silk lining...

[​IMG]

I actually thought I smelt the leather for a second.

Shit's tasty [​IMG] - a very limited run I recall?

EDIT: @wagthesam: You bought all of that in 45 days? You wasted a hella lot of cash on about a thousand t-shirts - let's hope the uniform suits you. It's quite funny - every single garment, without exception, seems cherry-picked from a college recommendation thread. I think most of the items are great, but it appears you have more money than independent thought.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

yeah, limited, each made to measure (able to make it measure a bit more precise down to the tenths this time as it's straight cut, unlike the ribbed cuff jacket, and alter most dimensions this time as well, as I feel strongly that a leather jacket like this should fit well) and base sizes will be every size from 44-54, i.e. 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, and so on. I am thinking of a very fair price as well, something to match the times.

Anyhow, yeah the leather is insanely soft (you can see at the main zipper running horizontally across the bottom there, the leather is butter, cowhide ca't do that), it's like the old Julius lambskin but less artificially processed. I'm leaving it up to the people to wear their own jackets in naturally, these form nice arm honeycombs from the start, and from there you need to get some finger oils and dirt in there to give it some natural sheen in the high wear places, and it will start to come alive, like any good leather jacket...

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

gave in to the sale rack temptation locally and grabbed the KMW indigo tee (context pic) for $50. had to do it

^ why is this worth fifty bucks (on sale). Please elaborate (*said as he puts on pair of KMW jeans...*)

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

^Because it's normally a $145 shirt that is hand dyed in Japan with natural indigo.

9. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

All jackets and cardi VERY nice in last coupla pages!

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Paul Smith red ear in dip dyed off white leather [​IMG]

11. Razele

Razele Senior member

how does it feel to have pulled your entire style from the sf hivemind
    Don't be a dick.

Atleast he doesn't look like a douche.

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

Temple of Jawnz 6-zip cafe racer... thick New Zealand lambskin and pure silk lining... [​IMG]
    Drool worthy. When can we talk about price? I should P.M you tomorrow. Kaisersose, the jacket is dope, the fit is dope, it's dope with the fur and dope without. Jealous here dude, that's a great fit and a great jacket. I like stuff that can be worn plenty of different ways. Rock on.

13. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

MMM Jacket

Tell me what you think, I really like it but it's kind of out there for me so I think I might be resisting the change. Also, fur on or off?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Teger bought that jacket because I bought it. It looks better with the fur. That's how I wear it.

14. jet

jet Senior member

Atta noob quote all the pictures.

15. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^Because it's normally a $145 shirt that is hand dyed in Japan with natural indigo.

What he said. What any item is worth to any given buyer is always subjective, despite what some members here might say! I love this shirt, but couldn't afford it at full price. For $50 it's barely more than some big name pre-washed tee's and it's quality and unique nature are way more alluring--at least to me and that's what really matters.

16. Trendy Sing Sing

Trendy Sing Sing Senior member

B. Son- black cardigan
    Topman Peacoat
    Brown T-000s
    American Apparel Slim Shack light grey cords
    Levis 510s- faded black
    Brown Clarks DB

17. erbs

erbs Senior member

Barbour A7 International
    Quoddy Maliseet Oxford
    Sugarcane 1966
    Gloverall navy duffle
    Bean boots

18. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

Nice pickups erbs

19. erbs

erbs Senior member

Nice Pickups erbs
    Yeah, I'm definitely set for F/W now.

20. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

Got two sweaters from NDG store today. Apparently, I was the first one to buy their fall collection from the store. Guess that means i'm special.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stuff looks great in person and the SA was real helpful today and seemed enthusiastic about the collection. I suggest checking out the store if you can. I wrote a little on the prices in the NDG thread.

Sorry about the crappy iPhone pics. Can someone suggest a good camera for sub $250? I have been meaning to get one but am not too knowledgable on teh subject. PM me if you have a solid suggestion and i would be greatly appreciative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.