1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robin

robin Senior member

Regarding the collar, do you have any idea what the story is?
    The wing collar today is typically found on formal shirts, though back in the 19th to early 20th century there were variations worn for everyday use. It seems kind of weird they'd pair it up with red plaid, but there you have it.

There are some cool pictures of a japanese guy rocking one in the white corduroy fabric in one my magazines here. I'll try and scan it and post it up once I find it.

2. djh

djh Senior member

a bunch of muji and uniqlo pieces..

and a woolrich woolen mills trail parka in glen plaid

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Muji bi-fold beige wallet
    UO heathered cream button front tank
    Uniqlo dark grey slim slacks
    Opening Ceremony beige "Short Jacket"
    Opening Ceremony khaki "shorts in a sac"
    Jil Sander short sleeve pop-over contrast collar sweater
    Band of Outsiders black button-down overdye
    B. Son black cowl/drape neck t

That was my New York adventure. Almost kopped Jil colorblock shoes and pants, Julian Red and Raf x Raf jeans. Saw Socal and Randallr, had lunch and ran around Soho. Good guys.

+ grey heathered tweed roll neck sweater and grey tweed slacks by Filippa K ordered from Matthew Izzo

4. Nananine

Nananine Senior member

Where did you buy NDG X Redwing?

From Nom De Guerre in NYC

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

First contribution to this thread. Yuketen Navy Suede Bucks from eBay thanks to the SF tip. I am trying to break these bad boys in as they are tight (not to mention the pic angle makes it look like I'm wearing children's size shoes - yikes!). They are starting to give some, but time to get some shoe trees.

[​IMG]

6. delirium

delirium Senior member

those look pretty nice albeit a bit chunky. i'm guessing there aren't more where those came from since i don't see any on the bay. good purchase [​IMG]

7. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

First contribution to this thread. Yuketen Navy Suede Bucks from eBay thanks to the SF tip. I am trying to break these bad boys in as they are tight (not to mention the pic angle makes it look like I'm wearing children's size shoes - yikes!). They are starting to give some, but time to get some shoe trees.
    Great shoes, but I'd be interested in seeing how they'd look with the laces changed. Again, it might be the angle, but the stock laces are making them look kind of like skateboarding shoes.

8. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

those look pretty nice albeit a bit chunky. i'm guessing there aren't more where those came from since i don't see any on the bay.

good purchase [​IMG]

Yeah it's the goofy angle I took them at that gives them that appearance. They aren't klunky in the least actually. I don't think there are any more as I had them all on my watchlist. There was a forum member (andylieu something or other) selling some, not sure if he still is.

Great shoes, but I'd be interested in seeing how they'd look with the laces changed. Again, it might be the angle, but the stock laces are making them look kind of like skateboarding shoes.

I'll get some new laces eventually after I get through the breaking in process. They'll change the whole look for sure.

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

Sperry Topsider Chukka in brown suede. I actually managed to find something decent here in Canada - and I don't even live in Toronto. Very astonishing.

These things are the absolute most damn comfortable things I've ever put on my feet. Thank god for epic sales

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

11. toothsomesound

Nice. Saw the sleeveless version of the orange blue white striped one at Barney's. Seemed nice.

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

they are very nice. the pants are very very nice. the perfect summer weight. i can't wait for the black blouson to show up next week [​IMG] sorry kunk

13. JMSBNSN

JMSBNSN Senior member

Fjallraven Kanken

[​IMG]

Also bought a Kenzo Minami Tee, but I'm selling it on the marketplace because I can't pull it off. Check it below.

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Wings+Horns Service Boot in Charcoal/black....

http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Wing...oot_12835.html

The leather on these is very thick and super soft. The soles are hard, but the rest of the boot is so soft that it feels very un-boot like. I normally hate boots, so these are perfect for me.

The boots look good with almost any outfit I'd wear, but I they look nearly perfect with the Mr. Olive leather jacket I recently purchased.

15. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

thats an awesome mannequin

16. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Just picked up a few new items over the last few weeks. I needed a new slim wallet in brown and found this Coach on Ebay. I also wanted a brown strap for my Archimede, so I ordered a custom strap from Stone Creek Straps, which turned out just like I wanted it. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a strap. Finally I came across t blue driving cap at Banana Republic. I have been looking for one for sometime now and was surprised to find just one left at the store while shopping with my wife.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Not going to lie...I've bought some good shit recently.

18. DLester

DLester Senior member

^^smoked it yet? K - that Coach wallet will last a century. I still have one I got over 11 years ago and it looks better all the time.

19. toothsomesound

Humor us pretty boy.

20. ChunkO

ChunkO New Member

Samurai S5000VX Size 32. These are for sale: $215 shipped. PM if interested. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.