Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

[​IMG] Tim Hamilton chambray

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I was there last week and didn't see any of it. That store, fyi, sucks. It's LA and NYC but three years ago.

I find the attitude of the owners frustrating as well. The store is not all that and a bag of chips. And even if it were, there are plenty of stores where the SAs are friendly and helpful and don't look at you and think "Not wearing all black. Strike one. Not made of money. Strike two. I'm sure he's just about to strike out. Oh, look. Boots are not CDiem. There we go. If you like things like Number (N)ine, Kiminori Morishita, and a MA+, Alan Bilzerian in Boston has a much more interesting buy, and the guys there (ask for Matthew in particular, are much friendlier. And they will have real opinions about things. They do not think that all the shit carried smells like roses.

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

What was the "attitude" you encountered Fok? I was only in there for about 10 min and it was some Asian guy that seemed ownery and then some more FOB type guy who was wearing a pink RL sweater... When I told my mom it was like the Atelier store in NYC she said as we left that she likes At better than Arch [​IMG]

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i didn't like archive either last time i was there. i don't like atelier either. would take seven anytime over them.

5. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Aside from Raf everything else at Seven is a bit to Harajuku for me.

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i like me some vibskov too, but they are really sweet and helpful in general.

7. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Only the Japanese dude. The girls in there are huge c you next tuesdays

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i dunno, i've had them exhaustively search for shit for me. and joseph q is a nice guy. maybe they're just afraid of me.

9. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

One of the owners, Arthur, at The Archive, has always provided great help to me over the phone. No attitude whatsoever.

I do not like their buy "in general" however I have picked up a couple pair of Kohzo jeans from them in the past.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What was the "attitude" you encountered Fok? I was only in there for about 10 min and it was some Asian guy that seemed ownery and then some more FOB type guy who was wearing a pink RL sweater...

When I told my mom it was like the Atelier store in NYC she said as we left that she likes At better than Arch [​IMG]

I just got a vibe of generally hostility. It was as though they were barely tolerating my presence in the store. I've been in a few times, and while there have been a few pieces I liked, their attitude dissuaded me from parting with my money. I got the most perfunctory and most brusque of answers when I asked about pieces, though it was obvious that I was interested in them. It makes very little sense to me for someone at a place like the Archive to treat any customer poorly, since it is really a destination store, and the storefront is designed to be daunting to the casual window shopper.

Anyway, the economy is bad, and there are other places that I'd rather patronize.

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Not a purchase but an aquisition today. My deceased grandmother's Cartier watch (wearing as a bracelet with my Philip Crangi bracelets) and her class ring from 1951. Only have my Blackberry so I need to take new pics when I get home for the watch pron thread [​IMG]

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

That Asian fellow from The Archive used to work at Saks Fifth Ave.'s Fifth Floor.

13. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

That Asian fellow from The Archive used to work at Saks Fifth Ave.'s Fifth Floor.

The FOBy one? I also went to the Saks and it just really reminded me of how much I dislike Rice-a-Roniville

14. Silverback

Silverback Senior member

I picked up a pair of Alden plain toe blucher's in whiskey shell cordovan and cigar shell cordovan.

Went in to pick up Alden long wing bluchers in #8 shell cordovan but those cigar blucher's look so sweet. I guess I will have to keep the cigar shell's until I can figure out what to do with them. [​IMG]

15. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

[​IMG]

finally decided to pull the trigger after much uncertainty over sizing. hope this fits. $90 after credits and shipping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.