1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robin

robin Senior member

Racked - 2 NY Mag - 1 Possibly WSJ - 1 Now this thing: http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-th...-the-manskirt/ All covering my Thom Browne. x Gilt Groupe purchase!
    You should get a blog. People eat this stuff up.

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

[​IMG]

Think i found a backpack
    diggin the color diggin the logo

I was excited that Context got them in, until I realized they had all the colors except the one i wanted- RED.

3. robin

robin Senior member

Do those packs come in larger sizes? I'd get one if so.

And how is fjallraven pronounced? bobo, help here?

4. Kregg

Kregg Senior member

How many of those skirts were there? I'm beginning to think there was only one, and SoCal bought it.

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

Do those packs come in larger sizes? I'd get one if so. And how is fjallraven pronounced? bobo, help here?
    I think they are one size (16 litres). I believe it is "fyallrahven" (I think it means snow fox?). Kanken is the model. I stand corrected. There are multiple sizes, but good luck finding them in the US.

6. hellorolo

hellorolo Well-Known Member

http://shop.creaturesofcomfort.us/ I think there are several different sizes here.
    I think they are one size (16 litres). I believe it is "fyallrahven" (I think it means snow fox?). Kanken is the model. I stand corrected. There are multiple sizes, but good luck finding them in the US.

7. Nananine

Nananine Senior member

I think they are one size (16 litres). I believe it is "fyallrahven" (I think it means snow fox?). Kanken is the model.

I stand corrected. There are multiple sizes, but good luck finding them in the US.

Opening Ceremony's online shop carries three sizes. It's not as varied, but you can get the laptop bag.

8. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Do those packs come in larger sizes? I'd get one if so. And how is fjallraven pronounced? bobo, help here?
    They come in "mini", standard and big. I recently got a big one (22 l). As for pronounciation... something like "Fyallraven" [​IMG]. Except theres really no american sound for "ä" in the last position. www.fjallraven.com The laptop bags are the standard size btw, but with a laptop compartment. edit: just realised Zissou already liked the Fjällräven site... Speaking of their backpacks, I originally wanted the "Vintage backpack" in 30 L, but its sold out (possibly no longer produced). Quite a shame. The drawback on the KÃ¥nken bags are the thin should straps. However, the Big one got atleast a little padding

9. jet

jet Senior member

robin you see the porter bags in the new gq?

been wanting one so long i think i may pull the trigga

10. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

What exactly is the draw of Porter bags? I saw pics of them and didn't get it, and then handled them in person and still didn't really get it. Maybe I'm just biased against nylon because it feels cheap...

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

Thanks for the Fjallraven links, guys. I've had a hard time finding them because they don't list any US retailers on their site. Bobo- I bet if you came across any thrifted/vintage fjallraven bags, you'd have no problem selling them on here [​IMG]

12. robin

robin Senior member

robin you see the porter bags in the new gq?
    Nope.
    What exactly is the draw of Porter bags? I saw pics of them and didn't get it, and then handled them in person and still didn't really get it. Maybe I'm just biased against nylon because it feels cheap...
    Made in Japan and hype I think. They're pretty common in Asia, but not here in the U.S. They're reasonably well made though. The only porter bags I want right now is one of the Monocle ones, and an MHL helmet bag.

13. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

The green porter bag? Pretttty nice

14. asobu

asobu Senior member

kånken is such a classic. funny to see how all of us kids had one of these when we were growing up, and now 20 years or so later they're sold internationally to fashion concious people. it's a great bag nonetheless.

15. Nananine

Nananine Senior member

kånken is such a classic. funny to see how all of us kids had one of these when we were growing up, and now 20 years or so later they're sold internationally to fashion concious people. it's a great bag nonetheless.

Hey, classics are classics, right? Sure, I look ridiculous in workwear, and I appreciate the irony of vegan hipsters using Filson hunting bags, but good designs and craftsmanship will always be timeless. Plus those Kankens have such awesome bright colors.

16. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

The kanken bags seem solid, but with the big fat logo they remind me unfortunatley of Kipling bags from the 90s. I know I know, totally different, but...
    [​IMG]

17. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

just got a solid charcoal dior homme suit off yoox... final sale so i hope it fits, though at $475 im sure i could resell it for my cost

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

pretty sure i'm one of the few members here who actually works in a factory

19. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ----------------------------------- $141.99

20. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

I've never seen such, such beautiful shirts before. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.