Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeanatic

xeanatic Member

just picked this up from ebay: Jil Sander Leather Jacket, I was the only bidder [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

just picked this up from ebay:

Jil Sander Leather Jacket, I was the only bidder [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I remember that from the store.
    The leather is great, you'll love it.

3. xeanatic

xeanatic Member

I remember that from the store. The leather is great, you'll love it.
    Thanks this will be my first jill leather except for some gloves[​IMG] You seem to have a lot of JS where do you pick most of it up? edit: also is this more like a winter jacket or summer jacket?

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

It's a spring jacket. I think it's the mesh lining one.

I buy most of my Jil Sander at Jil Sander

5. xeanatic

xeanatic Member

It's a spring jacket. I think it's the mesh lining one.

I buy most of my Jil Sander at Jil Sander

Sounds logical..

In my country we don't have a Jil Sander store so that kinda sucks.. Is it worth it to make the big travel once in a while? I have to go to Germany ( I live in the Netherlands ). I mean do they have much more than there is available on the internet?

6. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Navy 511's for 10$ (thanks again UO)[​IMG]

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

if there is no jil sander store around , what online merchant or b&m store that carries jil sander stuff?

i am interested in their suits/coats and stuff.
    do they have discounts /sales on jil?

ive been looking for a suit to replace the one i have now that i outgrown.

8. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Barney's NY and Saks both carry Jil. Selection at both is pretty limited, but should be fine if you're looking for basic items like simple button front shirts or black/grey suits.

It goes on sale like pretty much everything else in those stores. I picked up a black Jil suit at Barneys a month or so ago at 40% off.

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

what is the price point of their decent starting line of suits? (i dont know what lines they have , mainline, luxury line, diffusion line, etc)

would it be implausible to think to get one of their decent suits in under $700?

i know the saks at south coast carries none. i hope you meant barneys nyc at the one in beverly hills.

10. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

The basic black or grey suit is going to run you $1400 retail. Others can get way up there in price.

The only Saks and Barney's I go to are in Beverly Hills. Can't really speak for the others. They definitely don't have it at co-op though.

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Correct you can get the entry level basic suits about $1400 full retail and if you play it right could get it for about 40% off.

Saks and Barneys are your best bets if you are in the LA area.

As to the guy in the Netherlands I think there is even a Jil Sander outlet in Germany.

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

nice, would have copped at a bigger size for me.

just picked this up from ebay:

Jil Sander Leather Jacket, I was the only bidder [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Correct you can get the entry level basic suits about $1400 full retail and if you play it right could get it for about 40% off.

Saks and Barneys are your best bets if you are in the LA area.

As to the guy in the Netherlands I think there is even a Jil Sander outlet in Germany.

would the jil suits be the way to go for a guy like me more into a slimmer more fashionable suit (of decent quality) and not into the rigid, old man cuts of brooks, oxxford, samuelsohn? etc what have you , brands that are more into fabrics and construction rather than just a lighten-up fun and style.

like , i wouldnt mind getting a suit from Nice Collective if they had a model i was interested in (They have a linen/cotton one that is cool, but it is black)
    the cut is more street-fashion sense and looks better on the younger group of people needing just a suit for going out or even a wedding, not some suit for banking, law firms, FBI, and interviews.

14. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

One look at their suits on a runway should give you the warm and fuzzy that you won't be getting an old man suit.

I'm pretty happy with mine. I could easily wear it as separates if I wanted to. The pants are fairly slim too, but your mileage may vary because apparently the buyers have a choice of different cuts when they go to the show room.

15. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

would the jil suits be the way to go for a guy like me more into a slimmer more fashionable suit (of decent quality) and not into the rigid, old man cuts of brooks, oxxford, samuelsohn? etc what have you , brands that are more into fabrics and construction rather than just a lighten-up fun and style.

like , i wouldnt mind getting a suit from Nice Collective if they had a model i was interested in (They have a linen/cotton one that is cool, but it is black)
    the cut is more street-fashion sense and looks better on the younger group of people needing just a suit for going out or even a wedding, not some suit for banking, law firms, FBI, and interviews.

It's a nice and trim shape that you can get from the suit and is still going to be well made. I'd liken it to Ralph Lauren Black Label, Dior Homme, Prada, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.