1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

yea it's great, dig the colorway. I love the fit too. I have 4 others from the same fit and it's in the top 3 "best shirt fit for GS" list

i can understand why! i'm just glad i have one store in chicago that carries a decent selection of paul smith...

2. jet

jet Senior member

Looks like the boo hem that I love.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Looks like the boo hem that I love.

nothing close

it's a normal scallop shape. no extreme high cut side gusset

and shirts all run long, no way you're running around untucked unless rocking at Rage on fri nite in the latest miniskirt-shirt style

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

the torso on that tee is fairly short and it fits like ass IMO. stay away.

Never seen that before socal... whats the material like?

Wound up going to an awesome clearance sale today... lots of ss08 leftovers (in perth stock comes a bit late so this stuff is on sale later usually) at 75% off. Junya shirts for about 150 Aus (100 US), the junya linen shorts I bought for 275 AUS down to 150 AUS (100 US, crazy stuff). Also a few RO/Raf shoes for around 300 aus (low top black/white RO, few different Raf's). Also quite a bit of CDG, attachment, Raf and a few other brands all mostly 75% off or around there.

My haul:
    Raf light grey awesome fabric pants, pretty slim cut. Don't know how else to describe so I'll chuck up a picture soon, got them for 200 AUS (from 845 AUS)
    Raf blue hi-tops, material is pretty sweet. They are the hi-tops with the velcro strap across the top. Apparently I suck at describing stuff so pictures soon. Were marked down to 300 AUS but the owner (awesome bloke) gave me them for 200 [​IMG]
    McQ purple tee; liked the cut and was 20 AUS

SoCal I almost got that orange/white Raf tee from ss08, didn't realise it had the elastic bits around the sleeves/waist otherwise I could of got it and posted a head to toe SoCal looking Raf fit.

[​IMG]

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

you kopped the raf vandals it sounds like. good pickup. i have them in white.

looks really lightweight SoCal,

Not those ones; similar colour but a more nylon-polyester (no clue) material with laces and a single wraparound velcro strap at the top.

6. jet

jet Senior member

nothing close

it's a normal scallop shape. no extreme high cut side gusset

and shirts all run long, no way you're running around untucked unless rocking at Rage on fri nite in the latest miniskirt-shirt style

so it looks the same and fits like a dress great

7. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Someone here should buy these. [​IMG] A pair of Michael Jackson's Triumph-era socks with uppers covered in rhinestone banding. They date back to his 1981 Triumph tour with the Jacksons. Guide price $600-$800

8. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Rick Owens sweater from the B&S forum! [​IMG]

9. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

Got this awesome leather camera bag (?) at the thrift store for $25. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Rick Owens sweater from the B&S forum!

Who is that guy in the mirror?

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Who is that guy in the mirror?

a hottie for sure!

12. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Just walked in:
    Tetbury on 348 last on Dainite sole
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lowndes on 348 last
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Before you start asking..

Difference between 337 & 348 last
    I did not size down as I have narrow feet (my parents would not let me wear flip flops (thongs) or run around bare foot as a child) & found the 337 not as snug as I'd like.

Difference between Handgrades & benchgrades
    The HG are definitely better made/finished, they have full leather sock liner, the leather is nice as well as the stitching. Even the little things like the shoe bags are nicer wit the HG, such as real brass toggles (even though they bug me) instead of plastic..

13. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

very nice! i was considering the tetbury for a while

14. hazE

hazE Active Member

Never seen that before socal... whats the material like?

Wound up going to an awesome clearance sale today... lots of ss08 leftovers (in perth stock comes a bit late so this stuff is on sale later usually) at 75% off. Junya shirts for about 150 Aus (100 US), the junya linen shorts I bought for 275 AUS down to 150 AUS (100 US, crazy stuff). Also a few RO/Raf shoes for around 300 aus (low top black/white RO, few different Raf's). Also quite a bit of CDG, attachment, Raf and a few other brands all mostly 75% off or around there.

My haul:
    Raf light grey awesome fabric pants, pretty slim cut. Don't know how else to describe so I'll chuck up a picture soon, got them for 200 AUS (from 845 AUS)
    Raf blue hi-tops, material is pretty sweet. They are the hi-tops with the velcro strap across the top. Apparently I suck at describing stuff so pictures soon. Were marked down to 300 AUS but the owner (awesome bloke) gave me them for 200 [​IMG]
    McQ purple tee; liked the cut and was 20 AUS

SoCal I almost got that orange/white Raf tee from ss08, didn't realise it had the elastic bits around the sleeves/waist otherwise I could of got it and posted a head to toe SoCal looking Raf fit.

[​IMG]

zekka? any junya shorts left?

lots of big stuff left?

15. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

there were junya shorts for 150 on tuesday, i think a small in khaki and poss a medium/small in navy. Also the similar thing but in pants. Decent range of sizes quite a bit of L and XL. Struggling to stay away from the sale [​IMG]

kunk i was also disappointed by the tee... proportions were ridiculous. The shoes are great... was wanting a pair of sneaker sneakers (as opposed to springcourts etc) and these are the scarlett/penelope/beyonce of sneakers kinda (imo).

hope sense was made

16. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Thrifted this Willis & Geiger yesterday. It's in perfect shape. This is after a wash, low heat in the dryer for about 5 mins and then hang dry. I was impressed with how wrinkle free it was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got a plain retro Old Navy sweatshirt that considering I paid $1.50 for it will serve as a nice bum around shirt more cheaply than Rickson or the Urban Outfitters version.

17. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Bright red vintage Boy Scouts of America wool shirt jacket. Insane patch on the back, pics might follow...

18. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

My first pair of raw denim (Nudies RRDS) and my JV chukkas from the Gilt sale.

[​IMG]

19. Jferg4350

Jferg4350 Senior member

Jacket [​IMG] Shirt [​IMG] Sweater [​IMG] Belt [​IMG] Boat Shoes [​IMG] Hat [​IMG] Reversible Windbreaker [​IMG] The side that probably will never be worn... [​IMG]

20. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

USA>blue. Is the windbreaker h&m?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.