1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

The bomber jacket looks to be the best of the lot by far.

2. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Well that's a roden gray picture as opposed to weak ebay user shots of the things lying on his bed. But we'll see.

3. chiral

chiral Senior member

[​IMG]

Sorry about bidding you up a bit on that one, it was the best looking one of those no reserves.

Nice bomber too.

4. ties@thedepot

ties@thedepot Well-Known Member

what do you guys think of this shirt. I saw it the other and was able to find it in my size today on my lunch break. Great soft cotton wool blend, mother of pearl buttons, i think it's a great shirt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Ha, I figured someone on here must have been involved with them.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

A shit ton of nice collective jackets. I wasn't trying to do this, but I did. I may resell some of them. I bought the bomber from this F/W, seen here:
    http://www.rodengray.com/blog/wp-con...w08-nc-039.jpg

This was hands-down the best jacket NiCo had to offer for FW. The pricepoint was solid, the construction was solid, the fit was solid, and it actually kept me warm. Chad definitely knew his buys:
    [​IMG]

7. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I bought it mostly because while I fucking love the way my leather trimmed trench fits, it is thinly lined and not a winter jacket really. I like the way it looks without the hood in that pic too.

Any idea how old the other stuff I ended up with via ebay is?

8. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Drkshdw knee length hoodie [​IMG]

9. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

[​IMG] quoddy boat shoe brown with camp sole EG Work Shirt in Indigo Ringspun Denim Alan Flusser dress the man...finally got the chance to get the book.

10. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

Never seen that before socal... whats the material like?

Wound up going to an awesome clearance sale today... lots of ss08 leftovers (in perth stock comes a bit late so this stuff is on sale later usually) at 75% off. Junya shirts for about 150 Aus (100 US), the junya linen shorts I bought for 275 AUS down to 150 AUS (100 US, crazy stuff). Also a few RO/Raf shoes for around 300 aus (low top black/white RO, few different Raf's). Also quite a bit of CDG, attachment, Raf and a few other brands all mostly 75% off or around there.

My haul:
    Raf light grey awesome fabric pants, pretty slim cut. Don't know how else to describe so I'll chuck up a picture soon, got them for 200 AUS (from 845 AUS)
    Raf blue hi-tops, material is pretty sweet. They are the hi-tops with the velcro strap across the top. Apparently I suck at describing stuff so pictures soon. Were marked down to 300 AUS but the owner (awesome bloke) gave me them for 200 [​IMG]
    McQ purple tee; liked the cut and was 20 AUS

SoCal I almost got that orange/white Raf tee from ss08, didn't realise it had the elastic bits around the sleeves/waist otherwise I could of got it and posted a head to toe SoCal looking Raf fit.

[​IMG]

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

I bought it mostly because while I fucking love the way my leather trimmed trench fits, it is thinly lined and not a winter jacket really. I like the way it looks without the hood in that pic too.

Any idea how old the other stuff I ended up with via ebay is?

The hood was very functional but yes, I left it off when it wasn't snowing in NYC. My only complaint was that ninja cuffs were pretty uncomfortable to use but that might have been because I sized down on the jacket.

The olive jacket looks very much like one Chad had for FW08, too, but I could be wrong. I'm not willing to wager on the others.

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Never seen that before socal... whats the material like?
    Raf blue hi-tops, material is pretty sweet. They are the hi-tops with the velcro strap across the top. Apparently I suck at describing stuff so pictures soon. Were marked down to 300 AUS but the owner (awesome bloke) gave me them for 200 [​IMG]
    McQ purple tee; liked the cut and was 20 AUS

SoCal I almost got that orange/white Raf tee from ss08, didn't realise it had the elastic bits around the sleeves/waist otherwise I could of got it and posted a head to toe SoCal looking Raf fit.

[​IMG]

It's just a cotton sweatshirt jersey.

These Raf Simons shoes?
    [​IMG]

13. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

The olive jacket looks very much like one Chad had for FW08, too, but I could be wrong. I'm not willing to wager on the others.
    I just don't recall seeing a white tag on any of the stuff I tried on at RG from this past season, thus my assumption that it's older.

14. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

looks really lightweight SoCal,

Not those ones; similar colour but a more nylon-polyester (no clue) material with laces and a single wraparound velcro strap at the top.

15. chiral

chiral Senior member

This was hands-down the best jacket NiCo had to offer for FW. The pricepoint was solid, the construction was solid, the fit was solid, and it actually kept me warm. Chad definitely knew his buys:

I'm so mad I missed this on sale at zoe, it was in XL for only like 108 but my latest paycheck hadn't cleared yet and I despise using my credit card. Oh well, no use pining over something if you don't have the means. I'll have to console myself with the blitz jacket.

16. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

^^ liking it so far??

17. chiral

chiral Senior member

^^ liking it so far??

I like looking at it! I still can't move for a few weeks with this fucking broken leg, so I can't wait to actually wear it outside. Looks nice in my mirror with crutches though.

18. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Paul Smith buttondown collar shirt, grey w/white & red stripe.

[​IMG]

a few buttondowns from Jump the Gun in the past month or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gift from the missus

[​IMG]

19. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Paul Smith buttondown collar shirt, grey w/white & red stripe. [​IMG]
    i LOVE that shirt, i almost picked it up for myself recently...

20. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

i LOVE that shirt, i almost picked it up for myself recently...

yea it's great, dig the colorway. I love the fit too. I have 4 others from the same fit and it's in the top 3 "best shirt fit for GS" list

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.