1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timpoblete

timpoblete Distinguished Member

werd

real ramen (not 35¢ top ramen shit) from a japanese owned ramen house (where there are like 20+ variety to choose from, you can customize the soup base, noodle firmness, oiliness etc) > overpriced clothes

a side of gyoza def makes it even better

Ramen for those in the Bay Area: http://www.yelp.com/biz/santa-ramen-san-mateo-2. Go on a weekday so you don't have to wait 1/2 an hour in line.

2. keykoo

keykoo Distinguished Member

Nice pickups. How's the quality? I've never seen Chai stuff in SF.

...and Santa Ramen is the shit.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

I like that first t under the jacket.

Copped a lanvin blazer and some comme shorts, both stuff on the hit list for awhile. This has turned out to be an expensive week.

4. asobu

asobu Distinguished Member

werd

real ramen (not 35¢ top ramen shit) from a japanese owned ramen house (where there are like 20+ variety to choose from, you can customize the soup base, noodle firmness, oiliness etc) > overpriced clothes

a side of gyoza def makes it even better

yes! this is why i'm going to tokyo in a few weeks. after the cost of travel and ramen+gyoza, I won't have any money for clothes. so worth it.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

you can customize the noodle firmness

You love the firm noodles.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ now how'd you know that?

7. gawkrodger

gawkrodger Senior Member

My best TK Maxx pickup in ages (for you yanks who are unfortunate enough not to have TK - it's a chain spread across the UKwhich specialies in selling designer label clothing shoes and other gubbins at greatly reduced prices - seconds, end of season, last season stock, compnaies which have gone under etc. You get huge amounts of shite, but if you look reguarly, a fair amount of real gems are there for the er, buying) £599 (approx $1200) rrp, TK for £150 (approx $300) Belstaff Lawrence Blouson. I need to stop finding 'cheap' Belstaff jackets. That's three in as many months! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ awesome find. I know of many Brits that find great shit at TK Maxx...like baracuta G9s for 20GBP or something ridiculous like that. Our own "TJ Maxx" is always garbage.

9. gawkrodger

gawkrodger Senior Member

^^ awesome find. I know of many Brits that find great shit at TK Maxx...like baracuta G9s for 20GBP or something ridiculous like that. Our own "TJ Maxx" is always garbage.

yes indeed. I got an amazing tweed G9 for £40 which turned out a little too large for me so I sold on about 3 months ago for more than I paid. Also picked up one of the lightweight G9s for £18 (roughly $36). I think half my wardrobe is from TK haha. Very good for trainers and shoes as well.

I'm lucky in that within a 30 mile radius, I've got 5 branches, including one of the flagship stores.

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Copped a lanvin blazer and some comme shorts, both stuff on the hit list for awhile. This has turned out to be an expensive week.

They make plus...I mean "husky" sizes?

11. whacked

whacked Distinguished Member

Meeting up with seller of an Orange Monster... Hoping to pair it up with a Watchadoo bracelet like this:

[​IMG]

Reminds me that I need a watchadoo for my own OM.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You guys need to get a room and just get rid of the tension. You can flip heads or tails who gets to be the girl.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

Ya, they're called magnums. Can't say I'm surprised you didn't know that.

14. jamesd

jamesd Senior Member

SoCal, where can you get Chai?

15. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

My best TK Maxx pickup in ages (for you yanks who are unfortunate enough not to have TK - it's a chain spread across the UKwhich specialies in selling designer label clothing shoes and other gubbins at greatly reduced prices - seconds, end of season, last season stock, compnaies which have gone under etc. You get huge amounts of shite, but if you look reguarly, a fair amount of real gems are there for the er, buying)
    TJ Maxx (US) owns TK Maxx (UK), they had to call it TK Maxx in the UK because of another discount chain store called TJ Hughes. Nice find on the jacket, I was back in England a few weeks ago and checked out one of the stores, didn't see anything as good as your Belstaff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.