1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. changeofpace

changeofpace Well-Known Member

Just ordered these: [​IMG] Though I normally take a US 10.5, I got the UK 9, to size down 1/2 size, as per the advice in the PS shoe thread. Hope it works out.

2. rocks

rocks Senior member

^
    Dude a UK9 is equivalent to US10; therefore, you only sized down 1/2 your normal size.

3. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

Ok, a little more shopping.

A gray Nice Collective sweater
    APC grey shorts
    Shipley & Halmos shirt, white with light gray stripes
    and a bunch of assorted AA basics.

I'm not going to have any money left for New York.

4. changeofpace

changeofpace Well-Known Member

^ Dude a UK9 is equivalent to US10; therefore, you only sized down 1/2 your normal size.
    What I meant to say is I sized down 1.5 from US, which is the equivalent of sizing down a 1/2 size down UK. I fixed my post, thanks.

5. Jferg4350

Jferg4350 Senior member

6. dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67 Senior member

robin i dont get it, you purchased what is exactly shown on the magazine? even the girl? [​IMG] did you get that scarf too? it's very.... big

7. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Naaah son, he bought duh magazines.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Okay... I need, $30 to make $3K for the charity drive for the Make-a-Wish foundation. Someone step up, and paypal styleforumgives@gmail.com

Fok.

9. dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67 Senior member

Just ordered these:

[​IMG]

Though I normally take a US 10.5, I got the UK 9, to size down 1/2 size, as per the advice in the PS shoe thread. Hope it works out.

very nice shoes!

10. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

What shop are you talking about and where is it? I know what shorts you're talking about now and i liked them.

Zekka in Perth (Australia). Don't have an online store but it could be worth calling the store... one of the co-owners Scott is one of the nicest dudes you will meet so ya may be able to organise something. They dont have either colour short in a L but have it in M and maybe small... the junya sweater they have in all sizes I think. Actually have a fair amount of ss07 pieces left like RO two-tone etc that are on sale as well.

Annoyed I was in a rush and didn't get to try on the linen pants from that season... same material and all but in a slim cut black pants. Really want to see what they look like on, again for 290 AUS which is like 215 US or something its a great deal.

11. jet

jet Senior member

Wait did you say ro two tone silver on top black on bottom in L?

12. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

I'll be fucked if I can remember what was on top or bottom, though if I had to put up a guess I'd say yes. Not sure on sizes but as I said give the guy a call or email and I'm sure he (scott) will be obliging. The two-tone was 50% off also + the strength of the US to the AUS and your definetly going to get a good price.

http://zekka.com/contact.html

Email and phone number there, let me know how it works out.

13. jet

jet Senior member

Thanks davo shot him an email, will try and call tomorrow too maybe he has one.

14. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

No worries man I'm happy to direct business there.. good guy as I said and gotta support local shops. Pretty ridiculous the shit we are getting in Perth nowdays... this shop with all the raf/RO/Ann D/CDG etc then there is one with Viridi/that Boris dude/few others, one with DVN/MMM/Marc by Marc (jokes this sucks). As well as that, a dude on superfuture is opening a shop in Perth late Jan with Damir Doma/Geller/Julian Red/CP's etc. All cool stuff and you gotta assume some but I've yet to see anyone rocking anything awesome yet.

15. jet

jet Senior member

Ya I heard business for the avant stuff is not that great in aus but perhaps they are catching on.

If you come to LA I'll make you a list of places to check out and possibly meet up if I have the time.

16. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

17. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

Cheers jet would love at least a list of the places to check out, need to compose a shopping timetable. SoCal can't remember if its that one for some reason it looks a bit different? Can't remember if the store one was RO drkshdw or something, now I'm thinking it must of been because the price is way lower then that one when its on sale. Check it out though Jet, I didn't have a proper look at it.

Recent pickups

Junya navy linen shorts:
    [​IMG]

MMM knit
    [​IMG]

Jil charcoal wool knit
    [​IMG]

Country Road boots
    [​IMG]

18. jet

jet Senior member

Nah it's the reverse of the one genius linked, those shorts are ridiculously nice I can't believe you got the last L man or I would buy some was looking for those in spring. Ended up getting a floral shirt, floral blazer, the grey v neck and a bunch of socks from that my fav jw collection. That jil one is thick even though it doesn't look it right? That's a solid ass investment piece.

I'll make a list with some nice food spots for you as well just let me know when.

19. Homme

Homme Senior member

APC grey shorts

Where'd you pick these up ? I have been looking for grey shorts for ages.

20. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

Nah it's the reverse of the one genius linked, those shorts are ridiculously nice I can't believe you got the last L man or I would buy some was looking for those in spring. Ended up getting a floral shirt, floral blazer, the grey v neck and a bunch of socks from that my fav jw collection. That jil one is thick even though it doesn't look it right? That's a solid ass investment piece.

I'll make a list with some nice food spots for you as well just let me know when.

Yeh pretty sure I got the last large doubt they would of had doubles of sizes. I'm starting to like JW more and more recently. Yeh the Jil is pretty thick but its just the perfect weight. Best part was I got it for $80 is as new condition..[​IMG]

Thanks man yeh food spots would be great also... I'm goin on the 4th of jan so anytime before then in peachy.

SoCal is Atelier at 60% yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.