Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Can't shake this cold. I wish it was that's what it was there for [​IMG] . Gotta get back in the game. Also, yes i sleep with an air purifier/noise machine. Love that thing Robin- How do i tell if a tailor can make more room in the waist/hip area?

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

Damn chron you're a coppin machine.

Robin get outta my hard drive beyotch.

I will post pics of said mj socks in next couple of days.

3. robin

robin Senior member

Robin- How do i tell if a tailor can make more room in the waist/hip area?
    Look at the seat area as well as the waist in the back where the pants are sewn together, if there's extra fabric folded back you should be set. At the very least I'd bet you could let them out like 0.5 to 1" safely, but then again I've never really looked closely at O. Son's suit pants.

4. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

I'll take pics of the glittery michael jackson socks soon, forgot about those actually.

speaking of MJ, my holy grail item of clothing is the CCP glitter suit. Or if i can't acquire that i can always bust out the Dior glitter suit + glitter tie combo, and a velvet surgical mask.

5. chronoaug

jet- resellin those Cdiems netted me some solid profit to cop stuff. Plus i sold 2xcloak (wish i had the black/white one back [​IMG]) and some other shit. Robin: http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/5...ture016hl1.jpg Is this what you were talking about. Along the seat there is some fabric, but not on the waistband itself as you can see.

6. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

ahh you sold your C Diems...that should take care of at least a pair of pants and a shirt from a designer mainline.

7. robin

robin Senior member

Yeah, you could probably get those let out a little bit just fine.

8. chiral

chiral Senior member

Bought some grey Rag and Bones on Friday only to just get an email saying they ran out. Damn bluebee for not updating inventory fast enough.

9. daveboxster

daveboxster Senior member

10. Thisisnew

Thisisnew Active Member

Bought some grey Rag and Bones on Friday only to just get an email saying they ran out. Damn bluebee for not updating inventory fast enough.

Im really hoping this doesnt happen to me. When I check my order status on their website, it only lists 2 items instead of the 6 I bought. But it also lists the full price for my 6 items, instead of the price for only the 2 they listed.

When did you find out that they didnt have what you ordered?

11. Smokestack

Smokestack Senior member

Braved the last due of the Barney's Warehouse Sale and, despite the crowds and picked-through selection, I scored some good stuff:

--Spurr brown cashmere v-neck
    --Spurr selvedge chinos
    --W+H black non-selvedge jeans
    --Shipley & Halmos striped button-up
    --Shipley & Halmos and Band of Outsiders ties

all for a little over $200...

12. rasmus

rasmus Member

You serious? You diffentiate between those brands? They're all the same thing! Carin Wester sometimes has different stuff, same with rodebjer, but still. They're all from the same swedish minimalist school. Every season, each one will have 1 or two things different from the other, but shit's the same. Don't try to be some elitist like you're too cool for flippa k but the other swedish brands get you off.

haha, you be funny man.

no but seriously, filippa k turns me off. but in the end i guess that depends mostly on the people who wears the brand, which ofcourse doesn't say much to anyone living outside sweden.

13. Diem

Diem Well-Known Member

haha, you be funny man.

no but seriously, filippa k turns me off. but in the end i guess that depends mostly on the people who wears the brand, which ofcourse doesn't say much to anyone living outside sweden.

It's the same as Whyred for me. While they design nice stuff (or used to) everyones wearing it and now it isn't very fun at all. I guess thats the problem with cheap clothes.

14. rasmus

rasmus Member

-_______________-

it is NOT the same thing, but i see where you are going.

15. chronoaug

I mean, i appreciate that minimalism all those brands bring ot the table. There are ususually a few nice pieces that can fit in most any person's wardrobe regardless of their aesthetic. I have a few acne items (cardi, and assymetric sweater) and 2 filippa k things, but i think they're more suited for basics than being your primary wardrobe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.