1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodini

whodini Senior member

I picked up a vintage pair of raw Levi's off fleabay for $30 w/ shipping. Anyone to take a stab at their year? [​IMG]

2. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

I bought a red, canvas Jack Spade diffusion-line wallet off of Bluefly last night for $24 (had a sale on it last night, so I got $3 off): http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID I'm guessing it's a piece of shit and it looks like a boy-wallet but, meh, I like the colour. Besides that I've been spending way too much on shoes (now have the entire run of Common Projects sneakers; ordered my Trickers). I haven't been too concerned with clothing for months, as my closet is pretty well-stocked for now.

3. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

[​IMG]
    vintage wrangler jacket... either raw and unwashed or washed maybe once... stll has that starchy feeling to it. 4$ thirft pickup

also-no pics now
    barracuta db trench
    vintage raw leather belt

4. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

[​IMG]
    vintage wrangler jacket... either raw and unwashed or washed maybe once... stll has that starchy feeling to it. 4$ thirft pickup

also-no pics now
    barracuta db trench
    vintage raw leather belt

Only $96 less than what most Pasadena Rose Bowl sellers would try to sell that piece for.

You should set up a business selling some of your aquisitions, you have an excellent eye for style and it appears prices of thrift are dirt cheap in No-Flo.

5. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

Black Friday shopping...

picked up a Ralph Lauren black shawl collar cardigan in a mythical size S, similar to this pic but with red/white trimming on cuffs and pockets

[​IMG]

a Penguin longsleeve with the exact collar I've been wanting, rounded short collars that are buttondown. Never been fond of Penguin shirt fabric but this one is really nice, has a great subtle check print, no chest pocket, and fits very fitted and close to body...basically you'd never know it was Penguin.

Nice and they don't seem to sell small on the website anymore.

6. jet

jet Senior member

Damn, yesterday was an expensive day for me.

HM for work
    -two dope striped knit l/s
    -gray and purple scarf
    -5 pack black socks (gs lol)

Margiela gray replica trainers
    NDC wingtips

[​IMG]

Lunch at Le Petit in Sunset Plaza

Oh and the UCLA upset was the icing hahahahaaa.

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Cheap, what stores do you go to in jville? I'm there every once in awhile. Also, where did you get the safteys for $20? Just wondering if it was a place online or that i could call because i was looking for those a couple weeks ago but couldn't get my hands on em'. How do they run(size of your's and what you normally wear)?

8. Goldengloves

Goldengloves Senior member

JET, those NDCs are crazy nice! Nice to see you break down and buy 'em. But where's the jacket?!

9. jet

jet Senior member

Log on man!

Didn't get the m65 yet, the guy was having some trouble etc etc we'll see. I don't think he's going to cough it up in which case I'll get the rag bone hunting jacket which is butter man. Got the NDCs for 279 [​IMG]

10. vanity

vanity Senior member

Just picked up a pair of 7s Slimmy in Munichs. I used to be big into the distressed and beat up washes, but after seeing the jeans on here I decided I really wanted a pair of dark, clean denim. I think they're gorgeous and am super happy with them.

They're on the Revolve website but it's apparently down now. I'll post pics when it's back up.

thanks for the inspiration!

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

The front rise on the revolve photo looks weird, but the color is nice.

12. ruach

ruach Well-Known Member

Margiela gray replica trainers
    NDC wingtips

Those NDC shoes are nice! I'm very jealous..
    I'm loving my Margiela sneakers.. I really wish I had the grey ones too, though! Ian in downtown Seattle also has painted red ones which I've been dying for.

13. jet

jet Senior member

Thanks man, still deciding if I'm going to keep them b/c I've spent so much these past couple of months. Dude Barneys has the red ones for cheap like 250 or something I can't remember. The gray ones are sick [​IMG] Love your new sweater man.

14. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

Cheap, what stores do you go to in jville? I'm there every once in awhile. Also, where did you get the safteys for $20? Just wondering if it was a place online or that i could call because i was looking for those a couple weeks ago but couldn't get my hands on em'. How do they run(size of your's and what you normally wear)?

cant tell you the thrifts i go to in jax... come on... just go to all of them... thats what i do.

as far as the safetys, i got them at the adidas outlet in fort meyers. it was the last pair of mids, but they had the lows with velcro. i got size 10, which is 1/2 smaller than i normally wear, but they work.

15. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

[​IMG]
    picked these up at ross... 18$ with a discount sticker

16. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Here's the stuff I was supposed to post last week + boots I got this week:

[​IMG]

17. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Jomons? How do you like them?

18. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

^^ what kinda boots are those fuuma?

19. jet

jet Senior member

You bastard, I love the fuckin poells my favorite color. Please post a pic in the waywt thread. What pants are those?

20. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

To answer the questions:

-Boots are Carol Christian Poell diagonal zip from his "Safe" collection
    -The crumpled leather thing is a Carpe Diem leather shirt from a few years back (season he had the silver buttons with the engraved quotes...)
    -The Jomon are great! I wasn't sure I would keep them as they didn't look right on me at first but when I had the lenght adjusted they started to look just right. The denim is, of course, superlative and I love how discrete they look.
    -The black pants are costume national, interestingly enough all my costume items are black, I'm sure the trads would get a seizure.[​IMG]

I got a few tees incoming and that's it for 2006 for me, unless I find an incredible deal on something I was really looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.