Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max

Max Senior member

Quilted reversible burberry sportcoat in dark plum/maroon cotton backed with the same color in plaid for $84, down from $1015 ($115 at Saks off 5th outlet in CT, $10 discount for missing button closure thing for the front, 25% off coupon from the kind lady behind me in line). Pics to follow.

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Today I picked up the white band of outsiders oxford made just for south willard, love it.

pics please. Despite seeing them in so many places, I've yet to try one on for fear of liking it too much and not in the mood to drop close to $300 on a shirt these days.

3. Bungee Man

Bungee Man Senior member

Just bought a Sterlingwear authentic oxford grey pea coat. It's starting to get cold here. I can't wait to get it!

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

pics please. Despite seeing them in so many places, I've yet to try one on for fear of liking it too much and not in the mood to drop close to $300 on a shirt these days.

J,
    You realize barney's pricing has been off as of late? I got the white oxford for 195 and it has white instead of black buttons which seem like a novelty to me. The stripe shirt I picked up had a little more style than the regular striped shirts and it was 220. I'll see if I can get another cam tonight just for you, you won't be disappointed. Well worth it imho.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I bought these at Earnest Sewn about a month ago and have worn them just about every day since. They are the new slim fit jean called the Kyrre. My true size is about a 35 but I bought these in 33 and slept in them a few days and just delt with the embarrassment for about five days. They are about perfect now. I don't own my own camera so I took these quick with a friend's camera. They are actually darker than they appear in these photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

J,
    You realize barney's pricing has been off as of late? I got the white oxford for 195 and it has white instead of black buttons which seem like a novelty to me. The stripe shirt I picked up had a little more style than the regular striped shirts and it was 220. I'll see if I can get another cam tonight just for you, you won't be disappointed. Well worth it imho.

right on. I almost dropped by S Willard on sat as I was in the area but didnt. Yea, BoO shirt is something that I know will be in my closet by year's end. I keep obsessing over it enough.

7. Bungee Man

Bungee Man Senior member

PatrickBOOTH, I like your Kyrre's. I had a pair of the Kyrre's in the Maz dark 3d. I like them a lot, but they were to big, so I had to return them.

8. Dill

Dill Senior member

right on. I almost dropped by S Willard on sat as I was in the area but didnt. Yea, BoO shirt is something that I know will be in my closet by year's end. I keep obsessing over it enough.

I got a blue oxford from shopjake for 90 on sale. None of the knots on the buttons were finished though so they would have all eventually fallen off. I got my mom to fix them for me (I know) and sent an email to BoO. They apologized and told me I could send them the shirt and they would fix it for free. I thanked them for the offer and they sent me a free tie.

Oh yeah, the shirt is awesome.

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

nice! $90 + a free tie (which I've seen for about $80+).

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

Wow that's dirt cheap, you came up.

The fabric is nothing special nor are the patterns but the cut is what you're paying for. It will be in your closet forever unless you gain weight [​IMG]

The best part is the high cut sides, I can't say enough about them.

11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

PatrickBOOTH, I like your Kyrre's. I had a pair of the Kyrre's in the Maz dark 3d. I like them a lot, but they were to big, so I had to return them.

Thanks Bungee Man, I have actually had a few pairs of Earnest Sewn jeans but they seem to stretch like crazy I have a few pairs that are laying around just way too big after a month of wear.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

POS camera died while trying to snap the white oxford. Here's the black stripe one I threw on for a quick pic or two before the battery died.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

right on, thanks for the pics, looks really great. I saw that shirt on the S Willard website, totally sweet.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

Sorry for the shitty pics I know they weren't worth much. There is an older black stripe shirt and a newer one. The newer one I have isn't a solid stripe which looks cheap but a nicer double stripe but you'll see it when you go. He's got a dope black branquinho cardigan I want (450 tho) and the bless knit cap is ridiculously cool.

15. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I did go to South Willard on Saturday. I was looking for a jacket, but wasn't crazy about anything they had. I took a close look at the BoO shirts - I agree they're cool but I can't accept their pricing. You could get a bespoke shirt for less than they charge, and the fabrics they use are nothing special. I think you could get a Borrelli or Barba shirt from shopthefinest.com and have it tailored for around $150.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.