• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Jil Sander transparent poly short sleeve jacket

shoesale001.jpg

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pick up. I really like some of Jil's transparent stuff from S/S 08, don't think I could pull it off though.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been debating picking up the grey version, but I just don't think I have the confidence to pull that off

*edit*
Just noticed that PG2G basically said the same thing XD

benjaminarnold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Jil Sander transparent poly short sleeve jacket

shoesale001.jpg

what in hell do you wear that with? that seems like the least practical piece of clothing ever

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny, the SA at Saks showed me that shirt last month and I said "I would/could never wear it."

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
^a shirt, shoes/sandals and pants/shorts

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raf Simons and Jil Sanders are the two most unpractical and ridiculous premium collections out there.

Awful to the terrible degree.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jilkt1.jpg
I like this one

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Raf Simons and Jil Sanders are the two most unpractical and ridiculous premium collections out there.

Awful to the terrible degree.

Oddly enough only the **** socal buys.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I don't see how it looks unpractical in the pic PG2g showed or in the pictures of justin at the jil sander opening. The sandals and stijl, boots aren't the easiest things to wear but most of it is pretty normal. I have my eye on a few pieces from each collection that i know i just won't be able to afford but they're pretty to look at anyways.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
jilkt1.jpg

I like this one

The Greenwhich jacket, I love it. NY only got it in a 46 and 48 (I'd have to wear open) and I was too lazy to ask them to check Chicago; but, I have a feeling someday they'd make it on Yoox so I am not loosing sleep. I also like the one I got today because you are not limited in the colors you wear underneath. The one you posted has a burgundy color running through it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Oddly enough only the amazing runway items socal buys.

there you go buddy

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a critical element is where you're wearing it. I can see any of those looks working anytime, anyday in Manhattan. It's just how life lies here. But Chrono, I can't see you rocking any of that **** in Gainesville. Not only would it be lost on its audience, but part of the beauty of wonderful styling is not drawing attention to yourself, but rather, in some context, self-defininition. And I think environment and setting plays a very important role in that. Our style doesn't live in its own world; we share it with everyone we interact with.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
The Greenwhich jacket, I love it. NY only got it in a 46 and 48 (I'd have to wear open) and I was too lazy to ask them to check Chicago; but, I have a feeling someday they'd make it on Yoox so I am not loosing sleep. I also like the one I got today because you are not limited in the colors you wear underneath. The one you posted has a burgundy color running through it.

How much are they running for right now in the NYC store? The Sak's here only has a 50 left.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There are tons of the clear jacket because nobody wants them. Great on the runway and photo ads, terrible in real life.

Keeping on topic, picked up another rick sleeveless tee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads