• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
BTW, I love how Zappos list their "Sale" prices.

some other website must be selling them for $46 so this way Zappos beats their price
plain.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Those sweatshirt Cons are pretty f'ing cool

It's like a sweatshirt material covering canvas right?

It seems like "stiff" sweatshirt material that holds its shape, so I am sure that there is some sort of canvas support interfacing layer.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I played with those at bev center a while back, they're cute fok.

Goblin

Reaction score
Just bought Pendleton wool flannel board shirt in "Beach Boys blue plaid." $88. Absolutely phenomenal shirt ... I like to have one nice flannel around, and I suspect I'll have this one pretty much forever.

Laptop is down, so no pics.
frown.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goblin
Just bought Pendleton wool flannel board shirt in "Beach Boys blue plaid." $88. Absolutely phenomenal shirt ... I like to have one nice flannel around, and I suspect I'll have this one pretty much forever.

Laptop is down, so no pics.
frown.gif

Post a pic when it's a back up. How's the fit btw?

Goblin

Reaction score
I'm 5'9", 145 lbs, and wear a Small in basically any kind of shirt. I got a Small, and it fits me well. Not extremely slim fit, but not boxy. I'll be able to wear a thermal comfortably underneath. It has a square hem that comes down a couple inches below the waistline of my jeans, which I wear on my hips.

There are a couple neat details. The top button doesn't have a button-hole, but has a loop closure. Also, I don't really know how to explain this, but the buttons lie almost flush to the shirt when the shirt is buttoned.

It's supposedly "washable wool," but I'll probably stick to dry-cleaning. My raw denim experience has inoculated me against any fear of not washing things for long, long periods.

http://www.pendleton-usa.com/jump.js...iProductID=361

The shirt that the douche with the guitar is wearing is the color I got. Mine is not as (douche)baggy as his.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
those Pendletons are cool...lots of my friends are into them. If yer in the LA area there is an actual Pendleton store in San Marino (just south of Pasadena) on Huntington dr. My fiancee (and pretty much all her gfs) are all into the 1940s Pendleton jackets (called the 49er) which are also hip

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pendleton shirts are often great--I have a pendleton western I love. The "washable wool" is warm and gives a lot of plaids a nice soft finish. There's a pendleton "outlet" in queenstown, MD, but I've never made it over there...

Goblin

Reaction score
We have a Pendleton storefront in one of our local malls. It's devoted almost entirely to women's clothes ... I actually had to special-order the board shirt.
frown.gif

The ladies working there tried to talk me into ordering the matching Vans ... they do look very nice, but I passed. Not really into matching shirt to shoes, and not really into patterned Vans other than Spicolis.

http://www.pendleton-usa.com/jump.js...ProductID=1565

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know those were available through pendleton's site! I almost bought the sk8 his from another site, but they seemed really unwearable, especially the blue.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Picked up a white with double black stripes band of outsiders shirt, XL cut super slim love it. South Willard just got a whole bunch of collared shirts. I might pick up the all white oxford today too who knows.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Picked up a white with double black stripes band of outsiders shirt, XL cut super slim love it. South Willard just got a whole bunch of collared shirts. I might pick up the all white oxford today too who knows.

no 5EPs yet?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
no 5EPs yet?

5eps next week, it'll be a good week because a whole lot of **** is happening at HTC.

Today I picked up the white band of outsiders oxford made just for south willard, love it. Oh and I picked up the sickest navy everyday casual jacket with cashmere ribbed cuffs too. Damn, every piece I buy now is heat. Also some some cool **** at banana of all places, I'll keep you guys posted.

mogwai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Picked up a white with double black stripes band of outsiders shirt, XL cut super slim love it.

Jet you went with the XL? How tall are you, chest size, etc? I've been thinking i'd need a Large but I have a pretty athletic build so maybe I should get XL.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Mogwai,

I'm a little taller than 5'10" and 180 lbs pretty muscular been lifting for years but not huge and kind of lean. My shoulders are pretty broad and arms somewhat big. I wear a 42 in blazers, sometimes 40 depending on the cut. There is no way you will fit into the L if they have the darts on the back which mine do. Fits kinda tight in shoulder and forearm since sleeves are slim but not uncomfortable at all. Once you have it on you forget the fit because there is no discomfort. Ryan and I are both the same size and he takes a XL in the slim cut ones but they still look like a size medium
crackup[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads