1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Senior member

I'm surprised eg made a belted shawl collar knit coat, nice man I was looking at the geller.

2. robin

robin Senior member

How's the rainslicker? I've been thinking about picking a yellow raincoat up for a while.
    It's pretty good, and fits nicely. I'd wait until an online sale to get one though.

Raf Simons x Fred Perry black sheen wool pants
    Where did you get those from? I'm assuming they only come in black?

I'm surprised eg made a belted shawl collar knit coat, nice man I was looking at the geller.
    It seems like a lot of people are doing belted cardigans this season. There's a number (n)ine one that I really like, but is like $2k.

3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

A lot of nice stuff
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Very nice pick ups!

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Where did you get those from? I'm assuming they only come in black?

Co-Op. Yup.

5. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

robin, I like the stuff a lot, but those ties would seem to be inherently casual in their material choice, without the back-sweat pressed look.

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

Robin do I spot a J Crew deck jacket? Bought the same one myself.

7. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

8. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Robin, why do you need so much outerwear? haha

I picked up the Raf jacket that Socal got before I did and a BoO Prince of Wales shirt this last week.

9. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

[​IMG]

The trilby looks nice.

10. robin

robin Senior member

Peacoat details, Robin?
    Woolrich Woolen Mills, very warm and heavy. http://www.shopjake.com/index.php?pa...roduct_ID=3660
    Robin, why do you need so much outerwear? haha
    Variety I guess, plus I also walk everywhere so good outwear (and shoes) is important during the colder/wetter months. There are some other types of jackets that I'm still missing from my wardrobe, but I'll wait on those until later.
    Robin do I spot a J Crew deck jacket?
    Yes. I like it mostly, but my only complaint with it is the light fabric they used, it really should have been something sturdier.
    robin, I like the stuff a lot, but those ties would seem to be inherently casual in their material choice, without the back-sweat pressed look.
    Yeah, they're definitely very casual. Engineered Garments used the same fabrics that they used to make their shirts to also make their neckwear and scarves. The bow tie is a soft fuzzy flannel fabric.

11. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I went shopping for a new jacket after seeing robin's pick ups. lol. Unfortunately the stock photos online are terrible but I'm at school studying so they'll have to do... YMC [​IMG] [​IMG] Edit: Fuck, the collar is faux fur. I was under the impression that it was real when I bought it.

12. jet

jet Senior member

It seems like a lot of people are doing belted cardigans this season. There's a number (n)ine one that I really like, but is like $2k.

Do not ever buy that even on sale, get it from japan if you must. I really hate all the japanese goth ninja bite designers. I haven't found the perfect one so I guess I will just be pimpin my schneider playlift from last year. I do want the marvelous boo cashmere crewnecks for my preppy steez though.

13. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Hey this may be off topic, but how do Fred Perry polos run size wise? If its just the normal polo you can buy off the website or zappos do they run large or small? I figured I'm somewhat in between a medium and a large so was just wondering what people's experiences were.

14. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Depends. They have MIE, MII, MIsomewhereelse, and Made for Japan models. They all fit differently. Japans are the slimmest, I believe MIE's are the next slimmest. Made for Japan I would definitely size up.

15. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I love that belted cardigan robin. How much if you don't mind my asking?

Picked up some Dries Van Noten and Paul Smith shirts today, or yesterday afternoon, rather. Pics laterz.

16. robin

robin Senior member

I love that belted cardigan robin. How much if you don't mind my asking?
    About $450.

17. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Hey this may be off topic, but how do Fred Perry polos run size wise? If its just the normal polo you can buy off the website or zappos do they run large or small? I figured I'm somewhat in between a medium and a large so was just wondering what people's experiences were.

My size 38 MIE fits pretty slim. Probably like a small. If you're between medium and large i'd perhaps look at 42

18. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

I buy my suit size in MIE (40), and go to the smaller size in the Asian polos (besides MIJ) - M.

19. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

20. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

About $450.

Hmm, not bad at all. Thanks r.

Dries Van Noten:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paul Smith:
    [​IMG]

Ralph Lauren:
    [​IMG]

Marc Jacobs:
    [​IMG]
    Deeeeep discount. Needs some major tailoring though.

Levi's capital E (Made in USA!):
    [​IMG]

Fur:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.