Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

how much did it cost to buy it from uncle otis?

It retails for $165 Cdn, which is somewhere around $145 USD, plus actual shipping. Tell Donnell that I sent you. The tiger fleeces are $180 Cdn.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

Thanks Fok, don't push me I have plenty of other stuff to get first. Take a look at my barney's thread on page 2 and my apc thread, I'd like to hear your comments.

3. ts4them

ts4them Senior member

- Nudie dry thin finns
    - black leather Purcells (Thanks to this site! I never knew about Purcells, they are SO much more comfortable than Chucks). These are still embarrassingly new looking.
    - AA Tyvek jacket
    - AA black California fleece hoodie
    - Levi's 511 in dark wash
    - hooded henley from Urban Outfitters (love this and only $34)
    - small messenger bag from St. marks place
    - H&M t-shirts
    - Botox [​IMG]

*anxiously waiting for Agnes B. to get their Chelsea boots in*

4. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

wow... no camera now, but these are great...

nettelton traditional shell cordovan oxfords, well worn with new heel and double sole... 3$

5. LA Guy

[​IMG]

This just arrived from Uncle Otis 10 minutes ago. The color is amazing. Close, rough chalkstriping in heather and slightly darker grey. This year's slim fits have the super long cuffs, unlike last year's model, and actually, the medium slim fit this year is not that different from last year's classic fit in the same size. It is a little shorter and tigher around the chest. But otherwise, very similar (I am wearing my Spruce Kelly Tiger from last year, and compared.) Slim/athletic Guys +/-10 pounds my size (151 lbs) could wear the medium slim no problem. The Slim medium would probably fit anyone 5'9" to 6' very well.

Thanks for the hookup Donnell!

Now I'm psyched for my shawl collar to come it. And the Engineered Garments jacket enroute now. Fall/Winter, I am ready.

6. Bungee Man

Bungee Man Senior member

This just arrived from Uncle Otis 10 minutes ago. The color is amazing. Close, rough chalkstriping in heather and slightly darker grey. This year's slim fits have the super long cuffs, unlike last year's model, and actually, the medium slim fit this year is not that different from last year's classic fit in the same size. It is a little shorter and tigher around the chest. But otherwise, very similar (I am wearing my Spruce Kelly Tiger from last year, and compared.) Slim/athletic Guys +/-10 pounds my size (151 lbs) could wear the medium slim no problem. The Slim medium would probably fit anyone 5'9" to 6' very well.

Thanks for the hookup Donnell!

Now I'm psyched for my shawl collar to come it. And the Engineered Garments jacket enroute now. Fall/Winter, I am ready.

Try to post some pics of the shawl collar when you get it! I'd like to see it. BTW, the hoodie looks nice. [​IMG]

7. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

is that a tiger fleece?

8. LA Guy

is that a tiger fleece?

No, it's not a tiger fleece, but it's not solid either. It is probably best described as "heather." The composition is 8% poly, unlike the solid fleeces, so they look a little more like the Tigers (20% poly or something.)

BTW, Donnell (Uncle Otis) has slim fit fleeces, especially smalls, in tigers (not sure about the colors) and the striped fleeces.

9. ken

ken Banned by Request

Slim/athletic Guys +/-10 pounds my size (151 lbs) could wear the medium slim no problem. The Slim medium would probably fit anyone 5'9" to 6' very well.

You're down to 151 now? You run the Boston marathon or something? I might be able to take that punch you offered, now.

10. LA Guy

You're down to 151 now? You run the Boston marathon or something? I might be able to take that punch you offered, now.

I've been doing lots of interval work. The punch is a standing offer [​IMG]

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

dang Fok I need to outshop you soon, I hope to have

b of o shirt
    bless knit cap
    raf simons pullover black
    couple of 10 line margiela pieces
    cp sneaks

I hope Santa comes early this year [​IMG]

12. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

picked up a pair of tretorn tournament leather tonight!

[​IMG]

13. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

I ordered a pair of Adidas Classic Sambas in black with white stripes (I couldn't find them in stores around here). I hope they fit; I don't own any Adidas. I'm a 8.5 in Pumas, a 7.5 in some other shoes. I ordered a 8.

14. LA Guy

Just received the Engineer jacket (last year's model) from a Styleforum member. At $150 shipped, from retail of $378, you can't beat the deal. And the color (dark olive, with some brown and black tones) goes with greys, burnt oranges, browns, blues, black, pretty much anything. The details (lined "workman" pockets), half lining in the interior and along the sleeves, piped seams throughout, are superlative, as expected from Daiki's stuff. Reinforced stitching, including quilting in the stand up collar. Bi-swing shoulders and Norfolk halfbelt in the back. And the boiled wool material is very, very thick and warm that will last through fall well into the winter.

That's my outerwear purchase for the season. And here I was thinking I was going to have to shell out a bundle.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

just got this Spiewalk "Maguire" flight jacket with removable fur collar from Barneys. It's super soft, super comfortable, super fitted and is gonna be my go-to winter jacket since it's water repellent and we're supposed to have an El Nino rainy season this year.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.