1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

They carry some nice Luccheses, which are great boots (still made in El Paso, unlike many other old school brands, eg, Fryes.). I don't know if I'd buy any of their special order Luccheses, though - some of the classic models are just about as nice, and cheaper as well.

2. robin

robin Senior member

They carry some nice Luccheses, which are great boots (still made in El Paso, unlike many other oldtime brands, eg, Fryes.). I don't know if I'd buy any of their special order Luccheses, though - some of the classic models are just about as nice, and cheaper as well.
    I was looking at a pair of the classic Roper's in baby buffalo, incredibly soft and comfortable (even more so than any other leather shoes that I have). The special orders are somewhat interesting, and they have swatches for just about every legal leather available on the market. Something casual in hippo shoulder or a heavy grain calf leather would be nice, along with maybe another pair in baby alligator.

3. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

I have a pair of Ropers in oily calf, which I really like. They look good with skinnyish jeans, and I can wear them w/ khakis to my bus/cas office. And the more you beat the shit out of them, the better they look. But I can imagine living outside of Texas and being reluctant - they aren't conversation starters down here. My girlfriend has a pair in a crackly goat that are nice as well.

4. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

that's correct. +10 UPS shipping. no sales tax, which is nice. gal at the store I ordered from seemed to know what she was talking about, in reference to how this last would fit me based on my experience with the Barrie last. as much as I like a double soled shoe, this one seems better single sole.

Hey GS, can you tell me how this color Alden differs from the classic Cordovan #8 coloring in true light? Also, any enlightenment on the purpose of a steel shank running through the sole... does it make it more durable or something?

They look sweet though, great pickup!

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

^^ I should have the shoes on tues so I'll know what color they look like IRL. The gal who helped me out at J Gilbert said the Alden Carmel site's pics were pretty accurate, that the burgundy is def more "red" than "black" (which is how I would describe #8 cordovan, as being more black than red)

6. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Righ, it looked like the pics potentially may have a bit much light in the pics (for overexposure). Whether they do or don't, it's a great color. If you get a chance, an update on 'em would be cool when they arrive.

7. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Picked up PS x Triump Black Daytona boots...

8. Calden

Calden Senior member

9. jet

jet Senior member

Keykoo is an animal.

I'll be making a coule of rounds tomorrow to if there is anything worth considering.

About to pull the trigger on a panama finally though.

10. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

I'm visiting the rents in the Lone Star Republic so don't have a camera with me...

GS posted them up before (maybe in Brown)

11. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Suit - Carbon beaded mini-herringbone weave 2B SB notched lapel. Wool (Giorgio Armani Black Label)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New vintage crocodile custom strap for my PAM233 (yeah I also got the 233 2 weeks ago, which well & truly pushed me out of the July Club.. In fact it will push me out for the rest of the year!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. robin

robin Senior member

Nice watch strap. It has some real character to it.

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

awesome, one of my fave boots I own what color did you get? Mine are the "sigaro", but it's more of a burgundy sigaro than brown sigaro. ^^Guido, strap is sick looking! looks like it'll crawl away.

14. xchen

xchen Senior member

I tried on some Paul Smith x Triumph boots at Neiman's but they were not the same style you have, GS. These were lace ups but they still had a zipper up the inside. They were nice boots but I had no intention of buying them when I tried them on because they were like $700.00 or so.

15. jet

jet Senior member

^^Guido, strap is sick looking! looks like it'll crawl away.

haha word that band is bad ass

PG2G post it up.

16. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

XD Actually the ones at Neiman's are the same style, just not as cool cause they don't have the burgundy/brown distressing. Then again I have like three other pairs of PS boots in brown... so its about time I got a pair of black ones.

17. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

18. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

19. robin

robin Senior member

The finishing on those look remarkably better than that on my Ultimate's when I first got them. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.