1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kronik

kronik Senior member

Woah, dig that BoO to the right.

2. xchen

xchen Senior member

That's ok about the July thing but in August make a stop by IKEA or something, dude.

3. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Furnishings are for the weak.

4. jet

jet Senior member

They had the canvas peacoat in a sick sick forest green and a super dope wrinkled khaki that I almost bought.

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

6. bruinesq

bruinesq Active Member

I've lusted after these for over a year, but didn't pull the trigger 'cause I was just sick of chuck's after wearing them off and on for 25+ years as my main sneaks. During that time their popularity/played out-ness has ebbed and flowed. Finally, after going through a couple pairs of Tretorns, Sperrys and German Army trainers I decided to come back home. The same model/color pictured above arrived in the mail today. I'm not ashamed to admit I paid close to retail ($80 shipped), because not only do they look dope... they're waaaaaay more comfortable than regular chucks. It can't just be the JV insole either, as I've experimented with every possible method of sizing and various inserts with about 10 pairs over the years. Not that my previous pairs were uncomfortable or anything, it's just that these.... ahhhhhh. I've heard some rumblings concerning quality, but I've had them from both the USA and China before and didn't really notice much difference. These were made in Vietnam. We'll see how it goes. The bay has 'em for less than zappos shipped in most configurations. Stick with your regular chuck sizing (or even .5 less).

I would have to agree that the JV versions are much much more comfortable. Not just in the soles, but all around. I definitely noticed a difference the first time I put them on compared to my regular version chucks.

7. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Senior member

That's ok about the July thing but in August make a stop by IKEA or something, dude.

[​IMG]

8. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

lark & wolff cotton pants [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. eusticity

eusticity Senior member

Damn, keykoo. Amazing suit and BoO shirts.

10. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

im concerned. i am going a bit insane.

i just got the pbj xx005 (as the 007 was out of stock).

the insane thing was, that after being told the 007 was out of stock, i got the eternal 864 on sale instead.

and knowing i had a difference to be refunded. instead of opting for a refund, i just went ahead and got the xx005 as well. like, oh what the hell.

crap. i am definitely quitting for the rest of the year.

11. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

shoe, you have a major denim problem.

12. Nil

Nil Senior member

Jean Shop Rockers

13. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

thom browne contrast (club) collar and french cuffs striped shirt and alexander olch slim linen tie. total $190

14. jet

jet Senior member

Damn I got the itch.

15. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Damn I got the itch.

That's what happens when you are all over Ghulkan's nuts.

16. jet

jet Senior member

Nuts in yo mouth? Or on yo chin?

17. onion

onion Senior member

Just ordered a pair of Paul Smith slim fit jeans. They are raw, and from what I've heard, should be amazing in quality. In fact, I'm sort of surprised not many people wear Paul Smith jeans on StyleForum.

The jeans are hank dyed, natural indigo, (selvage) denim is from the same mill as 45rpm, obviously MIJ, 35" inseam, made with chain stitching from an original Union Special, copper buttons, oh and did I mention I only paid $133 shipped (via the PS sale online)! [​IMG]

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!! Just got these and turns out they are NOT selvage. The site clearly states they ARE (the site says specifically they are red line selvage), but unless they cut off the self edge, then they are made on a standard projectile loom. I don't know what to do. The jeans were cheap and have a really nice fit and are well made, but I'm not a fan of non-selvage. Also I wanted to cuff these, which is now impossible. I'm so pissed right now.

I also called PS and they said I was the first person to mention the jeans are not selvage (wtf?). They also said if I put a note on it about how it wasn't selvage as described they would return my shipping cost both ways.... but I just don't know if I want to keep them or not. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. inviscid

inviscid Senior member

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!! Just got these and turns out they are NOT selvage. The site clearly states they ARE (the site says specifically they are red line selvage), but unless they cut off the self edge, then they are made on a standard projectile loom. I don't know what to do. The jeans were cheap and have a really nice fit and are well made, but I'm not a fan of non-selvage. Also I wanted to cuff these, which is now impossible. I'm so pissed right now.

I also called PS and they said I was the first person to mention the jeans are not selvage (wtf?). They also said if I put a note on it about how it wasn't selvage as described they would return my shipping cost both ways.... but I just don't know if I want to keep them or not. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

.... selvedge is overrated. [​IMG]

19. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Where did you get the details on those Paul Smith? I don't believe they have sold MIJ Red Ear (assuming that's what they are supposed to be) on the Paul Smith site in years. BiG is supposed to be the exclusive U.S. retailer. They even have a special run of the same jeans in synthetic indigo. Inseam on those is 37", as opposed to the 35" you see on every other Paul Smith jean (i.e. MIC Red Ear).

What was MSRP on these? The natural indigo MIJ should be over $500.

20. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

^^ some of the PS 'howgate wonder' jeans ARE selvedge, but the dry indigo ones are not. There was an off white/canvas colored jean in that series that were made from a red selvedge but retailed for $320

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.