Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scatta

scatta New Member

[​IMG]

Converse Jack Purcell

2. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I hate when you don't see the RP thread carry over into the WAYWT thread.
    ^zing

3. jizzy p

jizzy p Active Member

Purcells are good..
    I need to buy some better sneakers.

4. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

I'd just like to formally second this. I mostly notice it on SuFu, but it gives the impression that the poster is just waiting for someone to ask about it so the purchase will be bumped. No different than withholding basic information in a Buying/Selling post in order to get cheap bumps.

In WAYWT, I realize that it's sometimes nice to just let the fit stand on its own, but obviously these threads are about sharing information, so recent purchases of all places could use a bit of detail.

I see what you are saying, but I withheld the brand because it's nice to get a reaction from the piece itself rather than the name behind it. Usually people just PM if they have a question about brand/fit/stockists.

Also no waywt cause I don't own a camera. [​IMG]

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I think after seeing so many jet/ghulk posts, everybody on the forum knows a south willard stock photo when they see it just from lighting and the setup. Is it a rule that no one is ever allowed to show an actual picture or fit pic of south willard clothing? I haven't bought from there yet but i'm kinda worried now.

6. robin

robin Senior member

Is it a rule that no one is ever allowed to show an actual picture or fit pic of south willard clothing? I haven't bought from there yet but i'm kinda worried now.
    South Willard doesn't actually exist. It's just some site jet and ghulkan made up to make themselves look cool. [​IMG]

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

I think after seeing so many jet/ghulk posts, everybody on the forum knows a south willard stock photo when they see it just from lighting and the setup. Is it a rule that no one is ever allowed to show an actual picture or fit pic of south willard clothing? I haven't bought from there yet but i'm kinda worried now.

haha

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

South Willard doesn't actually exist. It's just some site jet and ghulkan made up to make themselves look cool. [​IMG]
    I once stepped inside SW to buy a pair of r&b's but the oddest thing happened: when I opened the door the only thing I saw was my back half entering the store, much like an Escher painting.

9. Rkteez

Rkteez Well-Known Member

Podoll Long Sleeve!

10. morse9443

morse9443 Senior member

Just got these Samurai S0500XX (contest denim) in the mail from BIG today...they don't fit. Need a 36 instead of the 34. I had Gordon hem off 2 inches before shipping. Am I screwed on returning/exchanging them at BIG? Sell them here? Sufu? I'd like to take as little of a loss as possible on the $291 I just dropped. Uggg.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. xchen

xchen Senior member

Morse, I doubt they'll take them back like that unless they somehow forgot they lopped off 2 inches and don't notice them being shorter, which is unlikely.

12. morse9443

morse9443 Senior member

Morse, I doubt they'll take them back like that unless they somehow forgot they lopped off 2 inches and don't notice them being shorter, which is unlikely.

I was thinking that. Maybe I can sneak the return through...unless they read this forum? Oops

13. xchen

xchen Senior member

I don't think they do.

14. morse9443

morse9443 Senior member

xchen, any idea what I could get for them here or on sufu? Again, I'm aiming for damage control on the $291.

15. John Stevenson

John Stevenson Well-Known Member

xchen, any idea what I could get for them here or on sufu? Again, I'm aiming for damage control on the $291.

Post them and find out. Usually for a brand new pair, its 10-15% of retail, but because you had them hemmed, expect to lose closer to 20-25%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.