Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

Cheap, can I please see some more photos of that wallet? It appears to meet all my criteria for a wallet (a rareity!)....I likes a lot!

--Wade

2. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

what do you want to see? its funny, cause im getting a new wallet soon, but i couldnt pass this up.

3. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

thnx 4 fast rply. A top down shot (it looks like it holds notes in the back). A closer view of how the cards are held in the front.

Also (lol), roughly how many cards would it hold? 6???????

Thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhannjkllks,
    Wade

4. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] it could hold 6, maybe 8 cards, but its just two pockets. the back is for bills.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

some dismal pickups this week, not too many clothing related as I'm probably going to be looking at new jobs in a couple months and I figured I'll probably need to work on my trad closet more now...

Was waiting for the other SF to revive itself but this will do, perhaps I'll even stay(!?!?).
    This week, new Gretsch A/E with a flame ten top and Fishman guts for a relative bargain (I sold my orange Gretsch archtop a couple weeks ago and was kicking myself for it), a white MacBook, white APC military shirt, and some ultra artisan reproduction Japanese spray starch:
    Oh, and six packs of Asahi and Victoria Bitter. (not pictured) (Not the best beers, I know, but I was walking through the supermarket aisle and saw these and they're equally impossible to find and nostalgic for me, so I bought happily.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

Nice APC shirt. I like that it's a white military shirt.

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

French military jacket
    Ann Demeulemeester asymmetrical stripped cotton/cashmere hoodie with oversized hood

8. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

Hold up, stall the thread, we need pics of the hoodie^

9. asuzano

asuzano Member

Hold up, stall the thread, we need pics of the hoodie^

seriously..i'm not interested in anything but the picture of this hoodie.

10. Chris.

Chris. Senior member

Ann Demeulemeester asymmetrical stripped cotton/cashmere hoodie with oversized hood
    this is it, no?

[​IMG]

11. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Oh shit, I want that hoodie.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Oh shit, I want that hoodie.

You can get it at Luisaviaroma.com, I'm pretty sure. It's gonna set you back a few C-notes though. How many hoodies are you craving right now anyway?

13. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

You can get it at Luisaviaroma.com, I'm pretty sure. It's gonna set you back a few C-notes though. How many hoodies are you craving right now anyway?

At a few hundred a pop... zero. [​IMG] I would have to wear them while homeless. Probably get some pretty good wear on my jeans, though.

I actually do need at least one cool hoodie this fall/winter, but I'mahafta wait for sales, or a good thrift find or something. Until then, I'll just be lurking all the hoodie threads.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

At a few hundred a pop... zero. [​IMG] I would have to wear them while homeless. Probably get some pretty good wear on my jeans, though.

I actually do need at least one cool hoodie this fall/winter, but I'mahafta wait for sales, or a good thrift find or something. Until then, I'll just be lurking all the hoodie threads.

Get a W+H slim fit hoodie. About $150, and guaranteed the best quality for the price. And it will last. I really like my Engineered Garments hoodie (it actually costs $176, and think that the design is has more visual interest than the W+H hoodies, but in terms of construction and overall quality, W+H takes the cake.

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

this is it, no?

[​IMG]

Yeah that's it although this picture doesn't do it justice. Since it partly shows colors worn underneath it's a great layering piece.

To all those interested:
    don't get this if you need a hoodie, we're talking about a super-fragile, semi-sheer expensive designer piece, certainly not something you need but more of an accent to an already "complete" wardrobe. Definitely not a go-to hoodie for colder times. I'd also advise against ordering it online as the fit is somewhat different than others Demeulemeester tops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.