Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

OH GOD. Those look so much better than I thought they did.

Ugh, now I have to go get myself a pair.

2. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Found my way down to the PS store today after much dilema, ricard boots. My first pair of paul smiths and I think I'm loving them.

[​IMG]

Yeah, they look way better in your photo. I was thinking about these as well, and I just might get them.

3. xchen

xchen Senior member

How comfortable are Paul Smith shoes? And how are they against other regulars around SF in terms of quality. I'd like to know what people think of them especially alongside other dress shoes that are well respected on here, such as AE, Alden, C&J or the likes.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I find it bizarre that it just happens to coincide with your mid life crisis involving rick owens.

It goes perfect together IMHO but I can't be accused of shaving too often.

5. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

When I first saw pictures of those Ricards on the PS site, I liked them alot, now, after those photos, I have to have a pair. Beautiful!

I'd like to see them in an outfit.

6. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

7. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

Found my way down to the PS store today after much dilema, ricard boots. My first pair of paul smiths and I think I'm loving them.

[​IMG]

Gorgeous.

8. sonick

sonick Senior member

Woohoo, finally semi-decent watch!

[​IMG]

9. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

Nice.

I need one too and I was thinking about a Seiko. What's the model's name?

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

Its a Seiko 5, their "budget" line but still features day/date, automatic movement and "smooth" second hand.

My particular model is the SNK793K1

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

It goes perfect together IMHO but I can't be accused of shaving too often.

Fuumski, I'm getting a couple ro myself then again I never shave haha.

Still saving for overlock and diag zips. Really really want that ma spring coat too but that ain't happening sista.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

How comfortable are Paul Smith shoes? And how are they against other regulars around SF in terms of quality. I'd like to know what people think of them especially alongside other dress shoes that are well respected on here, such as AE, Alden, C&J or the likes.

PS shoes (mainline dip dyed ones) are more comfortable from day 1 than any other dress shoes. C&J actually used to do some of PS shoes back in the later 90s iirc...and Trickers has done a PS line as well. Currently Joseph Cheaney is doing the "british made" PS shoes.

Quality-wise I think they are great.....the mainline shoes are mostly goodyear welted (but not all), the dip dye leather (again in mainline shoes) is awesome and looks really interesting. If you want to talk about banking and stocks, then get some AE/CJ/EG/JL etc. If you want to talk about good music, artsy shit, and chicks then get PS [​IMG]

13. xchen

xchen Senior member

Thanks, GS. I need a pair or two of black dress shoes but the MC stuff really just isn't a good fit for what I wear. I think I'm going to have to get some PS shoes.

14. onion

onion Senior member

Just bought these 2 shirts off of yoox

MCR:
    [​IMG]

G.V. Conte
    [​IMG]

I was a bit hesitant to buy the G.V. Conte shirt as it's 67% Cotton, 30% Nylon, and 3% elastane, but I've heard good things about the quality of GV Conte, so I'm hoping they did this to give it an extra slim fit rather than just to make a cheap shirt. I'm not really familiar with shirts made of nylon/elastane so I'm really hoping this isn't crap.

Edit: and in case anyone wants to pick them up... I got the last one in both.[​IMG]

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Thanks, GS. I need a pair or two of black dress shoes but the MC stuff really just isn't a good fit for what I wear. I think I'm going to have to get some PS shoes.
    right on. I would look more at Mainline level shoes. London (the businesswear line) has some good shoes but overall they try to be MC-style shoes, but at a subpar level with a high pricetag. PS (the lower line) has some good ones but the construction can be hit/miss (best made shoes are blake stitched, which is good). Mainline doesnt try to be MC-ish, and has its own personality mixing classic with edgy/modern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.