1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Picked up a unused black raw denim chore coat from A.P.C, with some kind of lining today at the local thrift for 25 bucks.. [​IMG] Black isnt really my color, but I couldnt resist it. My 5th chore coat, soon ill call myself collector...

2. xchen

xchen Senior member

I want a raw denim chore coat/barn jacket. Haven't seen one yet that has called to me but when I do I'm buying it immediately.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Just got my Acne cardigan in the mail. Really nice deep navy blue color in a soft merino wool. Pretty good fit too. Bought back this APC tshirt i sold to brett a year ago too. Kinda funny how that worked out. More stuff too, but it hasn't come yet. Might take a group pic when it does. Selling more old stuff when i get some time.

4. jet

jet Senior member

No pickups for me [​IMG]

5. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

So I just placed a special order for my size in these Jil Sander "handmade" shoes in anthracite/grey leather. They quoted 10 weeks from the buying office; but, the girl said that since it is summer and we're dealing with Italians it may be up to 12.

[​IMG]

6. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior member

Damnit. Was hoping for something funnier Socal.

7. Jenaimarr

Jenaimarr Senior member

Vans Sk8-Hi in white perforated leather

[​IMG]

8. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

Picked this up for $200 on sale...it will be tailored [​IMG]

9. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

SoCal, I was considering picking those up actually. They are special order only? How much do they run?

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Where were you going to get them? Chicago has them in a size 8 and 9, NY has none. They are $1940.

11. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I don't know much about Jil, I was hoping I could get them from Barneys or some place like that. Nevermind though, I couldn't afford them if they were even half that price :p I'll just look froward to your eventual WAYWT pics.

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Yah the handmade collection starts out at this price and are only available (this S/S season Chicago only has stock) through Jil Sander boutiques. Last F/W they had a great purple lace up and blue combat boots. You can check out in Men's Clothing the "Jil Sander Handmade Shoes" thread.

13. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

If they are anything like the JS/Lattanzi's of yesteryear (why wouldn't they be), they are utterly amazing. The combat boots I have seen are perfection.

14. SJC83

SJC83 Well-Known Member

15. robin

robin Senior member

Why did Chicago get them instead of NYC? [​IMG]

16. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

Picked these up on clearance at Brooks Bros, trying to decide whether to keep them. Thinking they might work with chinos, khakis, cords etc. but they seem a little too sleek or something. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

17. robin

robin Senior member

Those are pretty casual boots. You should be safe.

18. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

They seem nice, maybe change up the lacing when you get them from how they are in the picture to counter some of the sleekness from the overall shape.

19. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Why did Chicago get them instead of NYC? [​IMG]

NYC got 2 styles last F/W, so perhaps they were testing them out in Chicago this time? Also, with the store being in a temporary location so far up on Madison and all of that, I did notice that this past season they had a lot less runway items than they used to when they were on 57th St. next to Dior, LV, YSL, Chanel, etc.

20. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

Robin and erdawe, thanks very much for the comments. It's a $448 retail shoe, I paid $179 so thought they were worth a shot. The quality seems quite good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.