1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Well-Known Member

[​IMG] @ the flavor of the week

2. keykoo

keykoo Well-Known Member

as overdone as those play logo CdG polo's are, I want one.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

That "vest" looks like something a mechanic might wear in some dated science-fiction film from the '70s.

4. keykoo

keykoo Well-Known Member

More stuff on Presale/Hold

Jil White Check S/S fold up shirt...? (i don't know how to describe it)
    Jil white dress shirt
    Thom Browne red plaid shirt
    PS York Boots in Sigaro

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

common projects 3 hole grey, brown dress shoes and blue canvas slip ons at the news sale.

6. robin

robin Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Rad. Time to go raid some arks.

7. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Very sensible for the Pacific North-West Robin.

8. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Very sensible for the Pacific North-West
    Not enough holy grails.

9. kronik

kronik Well-Known Member

What material on the Indys?

10. robin

robin Well-Known Member

What material on the Indys?
    Aniline Calfskin, more info @ Leather Soul. There are also a bunch of more pictures posted by others in the big shoes that look better with age thread over at SUFU.

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

What are the boots in the middle? I need something with a similar color in my life, boot or casual laceup.

12. robin

robin Well-Known Member

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

God. Your's look so great kinda beat up and soft compared to the stiff stock photos. I figured but was hoping you weren't going to say alden but something cheaper [​IMG]

14. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

I find my Alden Indy's suprisingly uncomfortable. I'm not sure if it is just me or what. I've been considering putting them up for sale.

15. robin

robin Well-Known Member

They soften up quickly. Here they are new, compared next to the same ones I have in dark brown. [​IMG]
    You might not have been sized properly or your foot might not be meant for them (I can't remember what type of foot shape the tru-balance last was designed for). Mine are very comfortable out of the box - they also don't have the same heel as the regular 405's, which might be why.

16. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

seeing these aldens make me really want to get a pair. i am trying to decide between these from Alden of Carmel or these from LeatherSoul, both in black. any opinions?? xchen, just curious what size are your indys?

17. robin

robin Well-Known Member

i am trying to decide between these from Alden of Carmel or these from LeatherSoul, both in black. any opinions??
    One is in shell cordovan and has double leather soles and the other is in a soft calf leather with a single flex welt sole. I like both, so I'd make it easy on myself and get both.

Tom also has some nice black chukka's in a single leather regular sole without the reverse storm welt that are a bit dressier, and Adam and J. Gilbert have black ones in the plaza last with commando soles with are a bit more casual.

18. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

I'm normally a 10.5D and I ended up getting a 10D. My White's came today (pics tomorrow) and they are a 10D and feel much better on my feet than my Indy's.

19. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

One is in shell cordovan and has double leather soles and the other is in a soft calf leather with a single flex welt sole. I like both, so I'd make it easy on myself and get both.

Tom also has some nice black chukka's in a single leather regular sole without the reverse storm welt that are a bit dressier, and Adam and J. Gilbert have black ones in the plaza last with commando soles with are a bit more casual.

i know i am getting off the thread's original topic, but if you had to pick one and ONLY one (the wallet says so), would you opt for the shell cordovan? i have about zero experience in this, so what is the real difference, if any, in a double leather sole vs. a single leather? Durability? flexibility? longevity? both are nice, i am just sort of wanting to know if the shell is worth the premium in the long run. i am assuming it is, but me = amateur.

20. robin

robin Well-Known Member

i know i am getting off the thread's original topic, but if you had to pick one and ONLY one (the wallet says so), would you opt for the shell cordovan? i have about zero experience in this, so what is the real difference, if any, in a double leather sole vs. a single leather? Durability? flexibility? longevity? both are nice, i am just sort of wanting to know if the shell is worth the premium in the long run. i am assuming it is, but me = amateur.
    Shell is nice and all, but I don't think it's versatile with all outfits and denim. If I only could get one pair, it would be the calf skin version on the flex welt. The flex welt is also an interesting sole that's been tanned and soaked in special oils for a while - this helps make it very long lasting, and to a point, more water resistant than regular leather soles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.