1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niubi

niubi Well-Known Member

Wings + Horns. The salesman was dissapointed that I bought them because they were the only pair in his size. haha.

Are you from Edmonton? Where did you get those!

2. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

Are you from Edmonton? Where did you get those!
    Yes I am. Gravity Pope on 104 street. Edit: It was the gravity pope on 102 street.

3. gmku

gmku Well-Known Member

Great shoes, Stazy. How much, and where?

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

5. gmku

gmku Well-Known Member

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Presaled couple ties, tank, shirts by jil and y's bag

Almost copped cdg white blazer with orange circles from guerilla store in downtown.

7. gmku

gmku Well-Known Member

I've been on a polo shirt jag that I can't seem to stop. I'll even pick up the cheap ones. Saw a Chaps polo on sale for 10 bucks and so of course... I removed the pocket w/ the big-ass insignia, which in my mind immensely improved it.

8. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Presaled couple ties, tank, shirts by jil and y's bag

Almost copped cdg white blazer with orange circles from guerilla store in downtown.

How's the guerilla store? Was going to make a point to visit it this past trip but ran out of time.

9. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Well-Known Member

jet the presales goin on over there already? I wonder when the pre sale starts here...probably not til next month. I wonder if they have the black suede rick owens high tops in my size, been kinda obsessed with these lately...

10. jet

jet Well-Known Member

How's the guerilla store? Was going to make a point to visit it this past trip but ran out of time.

I wasn't really too keen on going but my buddy wanted to check it out so I met him there before we headed to west LA. I have to say though it was pretty fucking cool and glad I went. Buddy dropped several bills then again he's an impulse buyer. The guy working there is Brett, really cool dude and unholy matrimony designer.

They have archived pieces that Rei had stored in warehouses in japan over the years so it's possible to come across pieces that one missed out on or didn't appreciate until later like me never being into cdg much. Spent a good hour in there, Brett was a wealth of info and it's a lovely little space. There isn't a ton of clothes but enough to find something good. I just got a little turned off at full retail, should be somewhat discounted but that's another topic of discussion.

Fade-designers don't go on sale until end of the month but my boy actually holds the shit for me for a week or two before sale time. I'm going to get some ricks too if they make it as well as a couple bless pieces.

11. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Well-Known Member

yeah when the CdG Guerrilla set up in HK it was more of a space for archival pieces from cdg (mostly the SHIRT line though as it seems to be its most popular line in HK along with 'Play') and junya, as well as some small accessories. wasn't too impressed with the space, the items were too basic mostly tees and shirts, not to mention it was really out of the way of places to set up a retail shop (i think the Undercover boutique has taken over that space, they're all spearheaded by the Silly Thing group).

12. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

Great shoes, Stazy. How much, and where?

Thanks. $300. Gravity Pope in Edmonton. I believe there are only two stores in Canada carrying them. I am not sure about their availabilty in the States.

13. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Another Engineered Garments tote in navy, and a canoe bag.

14. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^you love that outdoorsy vibe don't you

15. robin

robin Well-Known Member

^you love that outdoorsy vibe don't you
    Yes and no I guess. I've been in a bag craze lately though, and it seems like the perfect ones that I have in my mind don't exist in real life. [​IMG]

16. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

Yes and no I guess.

I've been in a bag craze lately though, and it seems like the perfect ones that I have in my mind don't exist in real life. [​IMG]

They do exist, even if not yet. It took me 6 months to find the perfect black bag, and I did, just recently. You shouldn't settle!

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Yes and no I guess.

I've been in a bag craze lately though, and it seems like the perfect ones that I have in my mind don't exist in real life. [​IMG]

You and me both, wait until you see my new nylon duffle shit is fantasmic. Still not what I had in mind but all good.

18. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Johnbull SC008's via proxy. Hope they fucking fit

19. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

008s are pretty skinny if i recall. I didn't know you were into stuff slimmer than NSs.

20. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

I've been moving towards more and more tapered jeans lately, we'll see. Otherwise, these will go to SF market at a loss [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.