Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ nice looking shape BR! Not a fan of suede dessies but those look pretty sweet

2. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Thanks GS. They're my first pair in suede of anything. I'll see if I can post a fit on WAYWT tomorrow.

3. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Berlin Report - Been waiting patiently (well, more patiently than you I'd guess). What's the full report on sizing, quality, etc..? The shape looks quite nice, if a bit more ellongated than the picture on their site. I would like to see a full waywn shot with some jeans. Thanks

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Thanks GS. They're my first pair in suede of anything. I'll see if I can post a fit on WAYWT tomorrow.

very nice. I have crepe soled Alfred Sargent desert boots, but it looks like these have a slimmer all-leather sole, which looks nicer.

5. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Berlin Report - Been waiting patiently (well, more patiently than you I'd guess). What's the full report on sizing, quality, etc..? The shape looks quite nice, if a bit more ellongated than the picture on their site. I would like to see a full waywn shot with some jeans. Thanks
    Its long and quite slim. I really love the shape and the colour. Its not as orange as in my picture and I think it will age well. I'm sure the toes are going to get darker as they age and I won't really mind that.
    Sizing-wise I would say true to size if a little narrow. I'm normally between a 6.5 and 7 (UK) 40-40.5 (euro) and I got these in a 7 because I got orthopedic insoles. They could still be a touch smaller but that could have something to do with my extremely narrow ankles so I'm kind of sliding up and down. The stitching and little details like the ankle tabs are really beautiful. I'm a happy bunny.

very nice. I have crepe soled Alfred Sargent desert boots, but it looks like these have a slimmer all-leather sole, which looks nicer.
    Yes, they have leather soles. I'm going to experiment wth these and not have them rubberized because I feel like a heathen everytime I do that but I hate slipping!

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

robin, any idea how much they run? search results inconclusive

br, those are beautiful

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

shoez shoppingz

[​IMG]
    ymc beltbuckleboots

[​IMG]
    costume national lace ups

Nice. I've wanted a pair of those costume national laceups. Did you get them from yoox? I was confused because they had what appeared to be the exact same shoe but for different prices. They look great though. The ymcs, are of course a classic.

8. asobu

asobu Senior member

br & gs: thanks!

chrono, yeah, i know, very confusing. I got the one pair that had my size. I compared several times but couldn't figure out how they differed. I'm very pleased though. I wanted a shoe with a bigger, bulkier toebox so these fit the bill, and they're really beautiful in person. I couldn't be more pleased.

9. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

10. robin

robin Senior member

robin, any idea how much they run? search results inconclusive
    If you can get them in that color, they'd be at the full retail price which I think is around £250? Plal and other sources will be less, but you're restricted to three types of stock colors/leather types. Others in the MC forum would know more though.

Those Polo's are nice. I'm also a big fan of the Brooks Brothers equivalent: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=522
    Those are made by C&J, and I think they're a variant of the Coniston model (or are the same ones, I can't recall at the moment). There's been some discussion on them if you want to find out more.

11. totally epic

totally epic Senior member

Acne sweater (last one) @ 70% off:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Thanks robin, 500 sounds cheap for cj's.

APC pickups
    -new standards indigo and black
    -navy hooded parka

13. wiru

wiru Senior member

Acne sweater (last one) @ 70% off

i picked that up a while ago, maybe around 50%. well worth it -- extremely soft, and the way it's knit is interesting

14. totally epic

^excellent. Can't wait until it gets here.

15. totally epic

[​IMG]
    costume national lace ups

I love these. Do they run true to size?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.